“Need to try again” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
McLean, Virginia
“Need to try again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Went there for first time for take out. Food was tasty but it didn't travel well (soggy fries). Not the fault of the restaurant. Need to try it again where we eat at the restaurant. A little expensive for a super casual Mexican restaurant - almost $40 for entrees to go (no drinks, sides, etc, just 2 entrees).

Visited December 2013

Great Falls, Virginia
“Friendly service Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Finally, a Mexican restaurant that is not too loud and large. Very extensive menu with meat, seafood, you name it. Main dishes, not just fajitas, enchiladas, etc. good service. Not too small but cozy atmosphere. Good drinks, too. Nice dessert selection ...big enough to share. New favorite Mexican foodie place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
McLean, Virginia
“Tex Mex Food to Satisfy the Palate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at this restaurant last evening. The restaurant sits on what would be considered a side street in McLean and occupies the site of another short lived Mexican restaurant. While its street facade and inside are unpretentious, the food was very good and the staff friendly and attentive. I had the Lechonito al Horno and my husband enjoyed a combination of steak and spinach enchiladas. The lechonito was delicious. The pork "chunks" were incredibly tender, tearing apart easily with a fork and negating the need to use a knife. Combined with the sweet onions and fried sweet plantains, and served with white rice and black beans, this dish was delicious. I would recommend it to others. My husband enjoyed his food as well, especially, the steak enchilada. Our portions and those of other diners around us were all generous. I took half mine home to have for lunch the next day. :) For drinks, we both had frozen margaritas. I had the mango, which was OK, but my husband had the lime magarita which he enjoyed. Yo can find more information about hours and menu offerings on the restaurant's website at: http://www.eltiogrill.com/ . We will definitely go again

• Visited November 2013