“one of my favorites” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“one of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

I haven't found anything to dislike yet. I have been here several times and it is always a pleasant experience. The food is always wonderful and service is good too.

Visited April 2015

Easton, Pennsylvania, USA
“Wasn't for us”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

Wanted to take my wife for a nice Friday night, ratings were good. Calimari was cut thick and not cooked, we couldn't eat it. Pad Thai noodles were hard, and the beef red curry not as expected in other places I have been to. We couldn't eat it, paid 40 and left. Probably its authentic but we have been to Thai many times before that we were happy with. For us, disappointing.

• Visited November 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Florida
“I'll definitely go back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

I was in McLean on business and am always willing to try a new Thai restaurant. Absolute Thai impressed me at all levels, the quality of the menu, the friendly efficient service, and the authentic flavors. But wait, there's more -- I had a window seat that overlooked a pleasant courtyard. Eating alone is always a challenge in a Thai restaurant because I want to try everything. I started with som tom -- a phenomenal green papaya salad. I followed that with garden rolls and poe taek soup. Both were tantalizing. By then I was at the bursting point. I'm looking forward to another opportunity to visit McLean so I can explore more of the Absolute Thai menu.

• Visited September 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Authentic Cuisine, Terrific Soups and WOW Desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

This hidden gem in McLean offers sophisticated cuisine and amazing desserts. We love the Tom Yum soup - and the Massamun curry with Seafood ($13) is terrific. You basically pick the meat/fish and the type of curry (Panang, Green, Red/Jahe) you want and it's yours to devour. Try to Kaprao too. For appetizers - I'd recommend the Yun Talay - it's a scrumptious mix of shrimp, scallops, etc. and it's amazing. You might be able to split it.... but not if you are eating with me! I want the whole portion. Not a fan of the Pad Thai - it IS a bit sweet for my taste (I have to agree with others about that), but this is a great Thai restaurant... and try the caramel mousse or toffee crunch cake...unless you are allergic to coffee, dark chocolate, cashew nuts, toffee and coffee cream, that is!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
McLean, Virginia
“My Go-To Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Absolute Thai is my favorite Thai restaurant in McLean. Their food is fresh and flavorful. When dining in the restaurant, the food presentation is fantastic. When I don't feel like eating out, they deliver. I've eaten every curry served here. My absolute favorite is the red curry with beef. The curry is just the right level of spicy for me. It's the perfect balance of heart and flavor. The Pad Thai is very good also. The Tom Kha soup is among the best I've had anywhere. I highly recommend Absolute Thai.

Visited July 2014