My girlfriend and I stayed at the Staybridge McLean for 2 months in September and October 2013 and I would highly recommend it for both short and long-term stays. We honestly have very few negative things to say about the hotel. As such, I’ll start with the positives – from our point of view, of course.
1. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. We particularly enjoyed our interactions with the kitchen staff, who were great. The front desk staff was also very helpful. Given our extended stay, we had quite a few things delivered to the hotel and the front desk staff informed us immediately when packages arrived.
2. The kitchen staff, as mentioned, was always great, but it really was nice to have breakfast provided for free daily. We particularly enjoyed the biscuits and gravy Sundays! The hotel also provides free dinners three days a week, Tuesday – Thursday, and in general these were relatively good. There is even one day a month that is catered by the J. Gilbert restaurant down the road. Sometimes the meals were great (aforementioned J. Gilbert night) and sometimes mediocre, but did I mention they were FREE!
3. The suite we had worked extremely well for our needs. It was segregated into two basic areas. The first area upon entering the suite included a sitting area with TV, a desk, and a small kitchenette with two burners, a dishwasher, and a full-sized refrigerator. The second area behind a set of French doors included the bedroom, a vanity with sink, a closet, and the shower and toilet (behind a door for privacy). The bed was extremely comfortable. There was plenty of storage and the French doors separating the bedroom from the sitting room allowed for one person being able to sleep-in longer than the other without being disturbed!
4. While McLean is not the most exciting town on the planet, the location of the hotel was very good. The Tyson’s Corner Mall is 5 minutes away and there is a shopping center next door, complete with a large “Giant” grocery store for stocking that large refrigerator, a good coffee shop, a CVS, and a liquor store.
5. While we didn’t need it, the hotel had a shuttle bus that was available to take people to and from locations in the area, such as the Tyson’s Corner Mall just mentioned.
6. There were laundry facilities on-site, with 4 or 5 washers and dryers. Using them was free, but you needed to either have your own detergent or purchase it there. During our entire two-month stay we never had an issue being unable to wash our clothes whenever we wanted.
7. One of the best things, however, at least from our perspective, was that guests staying at the hotel could use the McLean Health & Racquet Club, which was a block away. The club is a bit dated, but it was full service, with very helpful staff, tennis courts, a lap pool, and a fairly extensive gym.
There weren’t too many negatives, but there were a couple minor ones.
1. The housekeeping was pretty good, coming in daily and changing out the sheets twice a week for extended stay guests, but there were days when they didn’t service the room until quite late after we’d returned for the day. There were also times when they forgot to provide additional products for the room (e.g., soap, dishwashing soap, etc.).
2. As mentioned, while the breakfast each morning was great, after two months it did get a bit repetitive and a change would have been nice. Although, as I said, this was after two months, so anyone staying either short or medium-term will probably not experience this.
3. And finally, the parking at the hotel was a bit limited at times. With this said, however, we only found finding parking difficult a couple of times, and even then found parking on the side of the building.
Overall, the negatives were very minor, and as I said previously, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting or needing to stay in the McLean area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get Comfortable at the Staybridge Suites McLean Tysons Corner in McLean, VA. The Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner is located close to the METRO RAIL SILVER LINE at the MCLEAN STATION. The hotel is located in the heart of McLean, Virginia within a few short minutes from the CIA and major corporations like Northrop Grumman, Mars, BAE, IBM & Mitre. Our location offers convenient access to Tysons Corner (shopping), Downtown Washington, DC, I-495, I-95, Route 66, Washington Reagan (DCA) and Washington Dulles (IAD) Airports. The AAA Staybridge Suites McLean Tysons Corner offers Apartment-like suites featuring free wired and wireless Internet access, fully equipped kitchens and all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term real estate needs. Our smoke free, pet friendly hotel offers Studio, One-bedroom, and Two-bedroom / Two-bathroom apartment-like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living and work areas, TV with in-room entertainment, free high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, two phone lines with a direct dial phone number and personalized voice mail. Other apartment-like conveniences include 24-hour business center which offers free Internet access, printing, faxing, and copying capabilities, library, complimentary guest laundry facilities, fitness center, outdoor pool, courtyard with guest accessible BBQ grills, daily complimentary deluxe breakfast bar and evening SOCIAL receptions (Tuesday-Thursday). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Mclean-Tysons Corner Hotel Mclean
- Mclean Staybridge Suites