“Great Suite Hotel Away from the Bustle of DC - Service Convenience to Metro -Clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in McLean
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stay at this Suite Hotel twice on business. Hotel is clean and welcoming and provides the convenience of a complimentary business center, lounge area, and shuttle to Tysons Corner mall, metro, and surrounding area. Hotel is also very conveniently located to access the Dulles Toll Road to Reston and Herndon or to drive sourh into DC/Arlington. During my second stay, the pool was undergoing renovation so the hotel purchased six passes for guests to access the nearby (and expensive) McLean Racquetball Club with full pool, sauna, jacuzzi, and exercise health services. Complimentary breakfast buffet was very good with ample variety of hot and cold dishes. All food is brought out at 6:30am but you can grab whatever is available starting at 6:00am (great for business travelers). I always requested for and received the 1-bedroom suite with full kitchen, and living room. Tues-Thurs is complimentary dinner night consisting of mostly burgers and pasta. My room was huge with enough space to sleep 5. Platinum Priority members receive a complimentary bottled soft drink from the hotel's convenience kiosk but little other incentive since I believe most of the rooms are already huge. Service is quiet good for a 2.5 star hotel and always cordial. Hotel is situated in a beautiful and safe residential neighborhood sharing the area with posh homes, and an excellent variety of restaurants. Giants Supermarket is across the street with smaller dry cleaning services, Chico's clothes, and other shops. Hotel has ample free parking including an underground garage. Hotel is well managed and service is always proactive.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Last time we were in the Washington D.C. area, we stayed N.E. of Washington in Maryland. It was scary and dirty. This time, I drove into McLean Virginia and found a wonderful hotel. $99 a night for two queen-size beds (one a foldout), a fully equipped kitchen, free breakfast (even omelets), free dinner on weekdays, free shuttle to the “metro” to Washington, HBO, Wi-Fi, pool, Exercise Room, free laundry, and great staff. For that part of the world, I would have expected twice that price.

DC Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a nice hotel with a friendly staff. The rooms are the same price as the other hotels in the area but it is a suite with a kitchen and full size fridge. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Room Tip: High floor on the "inside" would likely be quiter bit we didn't have any issues with t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here recently on our way to S.C. The front desk was very friendly and accomodating. We loved our clean, comfortable room and the kids loved the pool outdoors! Easy on/off of the interstate. The best part:the breakfast with the made to order omelets! WOW! Great selection. We will definately stay here again if we are in the area! Very nice area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Excellent place to stay if you are in the Washington area. Stayed here because we were attending a performance at Wolf Trap. Very convenient - only about 10 minutes away (in light traffic). Booked a two bedroom suite and I was unhappy with the location due to air conditioning unit noise directly outside of the bedroom window. Front desk manager was very accomodating in getting us another room. Although there were no two bedroom suites available he found two rooms directly across from each other and changed the reservation late in the day. Am very appreciative at how accomodating he was. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is good. Omelettes made to order. Nice area to sit ouside and relax if you have time. I would definitely choose this hotel again if in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the corner of the first floor. Several air conditioning units located there...
Greendale, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family of 5 decided to go to Washington DC to see the sites and I used Trip Advisor to find a Hotel. I read the reviews of this hotel and, because they were so glowing, decided to book it. I'm a bit on the frugal side and this hotel's daily rate was much more than I'm used to paying so my expectations were high. Things did not start well as the front desk clerk could not tell me what side of the hotel my room was located when I asked where would be the closest place to park my car to unload the bags....Upon entering the room- we found that there was a large stain on the sofa, the main TV did not work and there was an empty beer bottle left on the patio outside of the room. I called the front desk and they sent a maintenance person to fix the TV- which he did very quickly. However the stain and the beer bottle were never addressed- in fact that beer bottle stayed on the patio table the entire week of our stay. We got a 2-bedroom suite and it was relatively well maintained and clean except for that sofa cushion stain and a large bug I found between the shower curtains.....
The first morning of our trip started early- we had an 8:00 am tour of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and needed to leave the hotel at about 6:15. The hotel offers breakfast from 6:30-9:30 am but also offers 'Breakfast to go" starting at 5:30- at least according to the information sheet I was handed when I checked in. When we went down to the eating area at 6:00- there was an attendant there filling all the serving trays with food. When we went to get some to go- we were told VERY tersely "No food til 6:30!" I went to speak to the desk clerk who informed me the sheet I was given was wrong but if I wanted to take an apple or something- that would be OK....Again- not very impressive...
Besides those issues our stay was fine. The breakfasts we had the rest of the week were outstanding- and they also offered free dinner meals Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights that were second to none.
I'm not sure if we will stay here again if we ever come back to the DC area. The rooms were kept very clean and having a full size refridgerator and being extremely close to a wide varitey of stores was fantastic. But those other issues just stick in the back of my mind. And BTW- that picture they have of the swimming pool (which my kids love to play in the pool) is very deceiving....it is VERY small. There is a lifeguard on duty but a sign posted lists capacity of 25 people. I don't think half of that could fit in there and still be comfortable.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed for a few weeks while in DC and found much to like here. The rate was reasonable particularly considering the included breakfast, and the available dinner 3 nights a week. While the free dinners were OK, they included wine and beer and added value. The wired and wireless internet both worked well. Our room was spacious and clean and well equipped. Free undercover parking is another bonus. We will certainly stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!