“Nice pool and slide, but old hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 34 hotels in Moab
Orem, Utah
“Nice pool and slide, but old hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We loved the pool and awesome slide. The hot tub was great. The room was outdated. We found a bug in our bed, which kind of grossed us out. The cleaning staff is lazy and did not clean our room. Great location, right downtown. I would probably go back because my kid loved the slide so much.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Moab is a unique place; with fun recreational opportunities that very few other places offer, however it is very expensive.
Our weekend stay cost $450ish. The Rodeway Inn is one of the cheaper places in town, however for over $200 night you expect more than cut foam filled pillows, the original olive green bathroom (new flooring), and beds that you can feel the springs. The room however was very clean and comes with a small wall mounted TV, frig, mini microwave, and WiFi.

• Stayed September 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked online knowing that this hotel did not have the greatest reviews. Most places in Moab were full so we went ahead and took a chance. What we didn't know was that there was no elevators and no continental breakfast. My husband is not suppose to lift anything heavy so this made a real inconvenience for us. Above the bathroom vanity was suppose to be six lights. Two were missing and two were burned out leaving us with two lights. We did tell the front office and they did replace them. The bottom line for us was the room was large, it was convenient but what have rather have stayed in a nicer hotel in the area if it had been available.

• Stayed September 2013
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very disappointing. I arrived at 10pm on a rainy Monday night, completely exhausted after a long day of travel, was informed that they could not accept my online booking as they were out of rooms. 45 minutes later after many phone calls to hotels.com to discuss my reservation, they magically found a room to host me in at the hotel. They must have had it all along but "the computer" was to blame. Asked to stay an additional night the following day which was accommodated. Upon check out, there was no one available to provide me with a final bill or accept my room key so I had to just leave. Come home to review my credit card bill and find that they charged my credit card a higher rate on the Tuesday night, yet didn't feel inclined to tell me in advance. Why? At this place, who knows. It's Tuesday and they felt like it? Will not even provide me with an explanation after numerous phone calls, no call back from the manager Shauna. Terrible front desk service. Do not stay here. Disorganized, shady and uninterested in providing a nice experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Boulder
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We booked this as the only available dog-friendly hotel in Moab after deciding to stay there on our road trip (family of 4 and a dog.) The room was nice -- attractive wall mural, good-sized fridge, microwave, nice TV and adequate a/c. The carpet, however, was so filthy that I had to wash my girls' feet before bed. They left dirt footprints on the sheets and I only walked around in shoes or socks. Despite the hotel being entirely booked it was quiet apart from the truck noise heading through town on Main Street (the hotel sits directly on Main St.) We booked this online the day before specifically because of their pet policy. However, when we were checking out I was yelled at by an employee saying "Ma'am, where are you coming from with that dog? We have a strict no-pets policy." I told her that the booking website said pets were allowed and she started to guff at me about it. I guess corporate should straighten things out between the website and the locations. Since the hotel was on Main St. it was convenient to walk to shops & restaurants (all of which are very overpriced, like any tourist area.) We would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Spokane Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Comfortable room, priced well. Right on Main Street, near good restaurants. The best part is that it is in the area where there is beautiful sights. The rock formations at the National parks near are stupendous. Pictures don't do justice to the actual viewing. Good gluten-free options at restaurants.
Don't mis this area of our country.

Room Tip: Motel is on Main Street but the rooms are well back from the street. Moab is not a large city.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Normally, we have found a Rodeway Inn is on the better side of moderate motels. This property seemed to miss the meeting on what is expected at a Rodeway Inn. The water temperature in the shower could not be maintained as it fluctuated from hot to cold. The normal shower and bathroom amenities were missing items and even though there is a coffee pot and all the items for it - there was no coffee available. A coffee packet was then provided by the office - probably because the office coffee pot was not working. There is NO continental breakfast available-my fault for not asking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Landmark Inn? Share your experiences!