“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Columbia, South Carolina
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Plentiful food and moderate prices. Nothing incredible, but nothing bad. I'd recommend this place to friends

Visited May 2013

Taylorsville, Utah
“Good food, great service and good drinks.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Weekend night. Got right in .great service. The food was fast and very tasty. Lots of it. The drinks were good and quite reasonable..

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Layton, Utah
“Good option for a family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I took my family of 4 kids here for dinner and we enjoyed ourselves. It has a nice colorful mexican atmosphere and I loved the old pictures of mexican outlaws with their guns and bullets criss-crossing their chests.
They quickly brought out chips and salsa and papers for the kids to color. They could improve the crayon selection. Each kid only got one broken crayon. (I know its a little thing but anything to keep the little ones entertained until the food comes.)
I enjoyed the house salsa which was spicy and chunky. My wife order the fajitas which she said was very good. I tried the meat which was good but needed a little salt for my taste. I had a chimichanga which was good and a tamale which was poor. The kids liked the quesadillas.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Don't go with a large group”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were with a group of 16 in town for several days. The first time we went, we asked for separate checks upon ordering and were told that was OK. Then, when we finished our meal, they brought one big check and told us we had to tell the server what we had in order to pay separately. We figured it was just the server. Wrong. The second time, we called ahead and spoke directly to the owner, again, asking for separate checks He told our caller that he would do it if we each used a credit card. What?? That should have given us a clue that he was lying. End of meal came, and we got the same big check and were told to figure it out.
When we asked him to split it out, he became very combative. Bad, bad customer service. We have been patronizing this restaurant for years, but will not be back. The food is just ok, overpriced, really, for Mexican that is kind of bland. Twice burned-we're done.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Heber City, Utah
“Excellent meal, fair price, fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We visited the restaurant based on some friends' recommendations and were very pleased. The food quality was very good and the dishes we had were tasty. I thought the salsa was excellent with a bit of a kick to it, just the way I like it. Although the salsa portion size appeared small at first, the server was prompt in bringing us more as needed without us even having to ask. We had the house margaritas which were well made and very large in size. Hint - don't use the "power straw" they serve with the margaritas unless you want to drink them down fast! I had the seafood tostada which was excellent. It was the dish that a friend had recommended so I decided to give it a try and was very satisfied. The flavors were exquisite and the preparation was superb. My fellow diners had the Fiesta enchiladas and the Enchiladas rancheros. They were both very happy with their meals as well. The service at the restaurant was excellent, with several people assisting throughout the evening. One person took our beverage order and delivered it, another took our food order and checked in on us throughout the meal and another delivered the food. All checked in on us from time to time and we felt that service was prompt and courteous without being too much. Our portion sizes were very large for the price and we left the restaurant full and very happy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere