“Nice stay for family” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 34 hotels in Moab
Sunnyvale, California
“Nice stay for family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We spent our Thanksgiving holiday on a long road trip and Moab was just an overnight stop. Our family was very comfortable here. There is nothing fancy or spectacular about the hotel, but it was clean and we slept well. The hot breakfast in the morning was nice especially with 3 kids. It has your usual hotel selection of food(cereal, toast, eggs, juice, coffee, fruit, yogurt) which was fine for us. What I liked most about the hotel was it's proximity to Arches National Park and it's location on Main St. We didn't get a chance to take advantage of the restaurants since we arrived late (most places close at 9pm), but there seems to be plenty to choose from even within walking distance. We would definitely stay here again if we return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MoabHotelier, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Canyonlands Inn, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you were comfortable throughout your stay. I do hope that you will visit again soon.

767 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Albany, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

It is just a short walk to many great restaurants from this Best Western. The staff was fabulous and when we arrived in the wee hours of the morning, gave us chocolate cookies! We had a very spacious room, nicely air-conditioned (a must since it reached 103 degrees). Fabulous breakfast buffet and a beautiful shaded outdoor eating area, in addition to inside. Kids loved, loved their breakfast. They could make their own waffles, way cool. Close to drive to Canyonlands and Arches. Moab is a great town to visit with families, we had a fabulous time on our first visit, can't wait to go back and stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience this summer with us. I am happy to hear that your children loved making their own waffles for breakfast. I hope that you and your family will visit again soon.

prescott
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This has been my first trip since my wife past. While I was only able to spend two nights here I enjoyed the personable staff. There is a front desk woman named Candy that was very nice and on both mornings wished me a good day with a genuine smile! I haven't been through this area in a while, but I remember honest people. I have always considered service to be my top priority, but when people aren't just paid to be nice, that honesty shows. Thank you for being so kind. I appreciate it more than you may know.
Also the wonderful breakfast staff deserves praise. Jose, the gentleman that was there both days was kind enough to refill my coffee. He seen I had trouble getting up, and I am sure this is why he assisted without being asked.
I had room 129 a king suite facing the pool. The noise is not that loud and for an old man, it warms the heart to hear the kiddos having fun. Thank you Best Western Canyonlands Inn. I hope next year to bring my children to see an amazing area their grandma always smiled at.

Room Tip: Enjoy the patio by the breakfast area, the night staff are always willing to light the fire for you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. Your review truly warmed my heart. I am sorry for the loss of your wife. I have passed on your kind words to our staff. I hope that you will bring your children back to visit again soon.

Warm wishes,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

No absentee owner here. Excellent, spotless facility. Large, comfortable rooms with sitting area Great full breakfast. Personell are eager to insure your perfect stay. We've stayed there several times. Never been disappointed. Location is in the heart of Moab. good restaurants & shopping surround the inn.

• Stayed November 2012
You are absolutely correct in your statement of "no absentee owner here". One of our owners visits the property 5 days a week. She is constantly looking for ways to improve the hotel and make it feel more like home. I am pleased to hear that you noticed! I hope that you will visit again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

There appear to be two Best Westerns in town, down the street from each other. This review is for the Best Western Plus - Canyonlands Inn. The location is central and you can walk to restaurants.

We had a pre-paid reservation for three nights that got delayed because of a snowstorm. We called ahead to keep the room for the remaining nights and Raphael asked the tour company for a refund, even without us asking him to do so. That was really kind and above and beyond the call of duty. Breakfast buffet was solid with waffles, eggs, and sausages, in addition to standard cold fare. The hot buffet was manned by two hard-working and attentive staff people when we were there. The service provided by the staff is as good as it gets for this price point (and even a little higher price).

Our only complaint is the noise from the floor above. The sounds carried when someone was walking above us, so we recommend if you are a light sleeper, ask for the second story room or grab some earplugs. In our experience, this was not a big deal because the hotel was not bus and the person stopped walking soon (hence, no downgrade for this for this visit). But, during the busy season, this could be an issue.

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper, ask for the second story room or grab some earplugs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. I am happy to hear that Rafael was able to work out a refund with your tour company. I would like to apologize for the noise disturbance above your room. I thank you for bringing it to our attention. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay, no question, this is the place. It has a covered, heated pool, hot tub, workout room, free internet, free breakfast, and clean rooms. The staff is friendly and the hotel is located right in the middle of the town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We book Best Western based on tripadvisor reviews, I wanted a hotel close to Arches , hotel is in the middle of Arches, Dead point Horse.
We arrive at hotel after an 8 hour drive from Las Vegas , (very good roads , it was not difficult)
The gentleman at the reception desk was very friendly, big smile , it was needed after all the driving. He explained where we were , and I was tire didn't want fancy dinner , he told us about the big market just 1/2 mile away , where we could get food, they have a take out, we did and brought to hotel , it was perfect. Hotel is very clean, excellent bed, comfortable good pillows, slept like babies. Very good size bathroom, good amenities , breakfast is served upstairs ,plenty of choices, and magnificent views, the hotel had heaters going up and sitting outside was a joy. Checking in and out took a few minutes only. I'm bringing grandchildren next year , and this will be our pick.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you were made comfortable after an 8 hour drive. I hope that you will bring your grandchildren back to Moab, I am sure they will love it. Please let us know when we can be of assistance in making your next reservation.

Cheryl Covey

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Canyonlands Inn? Share your experiences!