“Worth the Drive” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 71 Restaurants in Moab
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Winery, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: After a full day of adventure and exploration, nothing soothes the soul like a hearty meal in an intimate setting. Our terraced dining room ensures every guest has a magnificent view of the Colorado River, the Fisher Towers, and the towering red rock cliffs surrounding the Lodge. Shaded patios and decks offer cool dining in a natural setting any time of year. Our menu captures traditional Western favorites like Ranch Grilled Steak, Smoked Barbequed Pork Ribs and Wild Alaskan Salmon. Our prime rib is a Red Cliffs specialty, and every menu item pairs perfectly with, our onsite winery Castle Creek Winery, featuring award-winning choices available by glass or bottle.
kelowna
“Worth the Drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I wondered if it was going to be worth the drive out from Moab for a dinner but the drive turned out to be worth doing just for its own sake. It's a winding road through a red cliff canyon beside a very picturesque river.

The Lodge is very welcoming and if you are lucky enough to sit on the deck on a warm evening - especially with a full moon - it will be a memorable night. The food is great too. The red trout was the best I had on my travels and my husband's ribs were great, too.
The local winery produces some very acceptable wine.

Highly recommended

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Grand Junction, Colorado
“Dust the cobwebs off!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the lodge and ate breakfast at the buffet, since the location of the lodge is so far away from town. Wanted some food before leaving so didn't have another option but to eat at the lodge. The food was good and plentiful. As we began to survey the dining room, the high ceiling and everything in the room had cobwebs on it. Even the "within reach" decorations near the tables were covered with dust and cobwebs. Someone needs to be assigned to get the place sparkling clean, since the sunlight coming through all the windows accentuates the dirt and filth.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Great food. Unbelievable view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My friend and I ate at the Red Cliffs Lodge on our recent trip to Moab. The view overlooking the outside seating was so strikingly beautiful that it looked fake. I had the trout and my friend had the steak and we both were impressed with our entire meal from the drinks to bread to main course. Our server Chad also provided us with spot-on recommendations for beer and entrees. Beautiful yet comfortable atmosphere. Great food. Agree with earlier recommendations that this restaurant is definitely worth the scenic drive from downtown. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone near or heading to Moab.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Castle Valley, Utah, United States
“Best Dining in Moab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Views were spectacular. Food was more exceptional than expected. Great staff. Our hostess Loretta was more than helpful. A great romantic evening out with my wife!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Hands down the best place to dine in Moab.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have visited just about every restaurant in Moab and I have to say that this place is the best. First of all the area is beautiful, 360 degree views, and the building is amazing. The staff was so nice and eager to make your visit the best experience. Whomever is cooking is doing an excellent job, the portions were large, it tasted amazing, and the presentation was great. Redcliffs is worth the drive, I highly recommend it over any of the in town locations. Thank you to the entire Redcliffs crew (wait staff, chefs, bussers, hostess,ect.) It was a lovely experience and I can't wait to come back.