“Go to Campground Each Time” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Moab KOA Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moab
Moab KOA Campground
You added Moab KOA Campground to your Saves list
3225 South Highway 191, Moab, UT 84532   |
Ranked #23 of 31 Specialty Lodging in Moab
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Go to Campground Each Time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Hot with the warmer day temperatures as expected. If you can’t take the heat go to a hotel. Bathrooms and showers were clean and looked good. Pool was clean and in great shape! We have stayed here before and will continue to come back to this great KOA.

Tip: This KOA has always put us at a tent site stacked up against other occupied tent camp sites when there are a bunch (20 plus sites) of spots available across the campground. Our neighbors came back to their site really loud and yelling at 1:00 in the morning. If we weren’t right next to them it would have made it more bearable. If you want some privacy or not to have neighbors make sure you request it upon arrival.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Moabkoa, Owner at Moab KOA Campground, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you for saying you will be back, that is a good compliment

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Grossbeeren, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly, restrooms were very clean but rustique. There were individual bathrooms. Showers were separat. Arches National Park is just 7 hours away. It is definitely a good place to stay. I would return!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Come back anytime, we love return visitors.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I rented a two bedroom cabin so we would be close to offroad trails. The cabin was small but cozy and very reasonably priced!! Staff was nice but bathrooms weren't the cleanest!! Overall a good place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013
We will take the compliment of the clean bathrooms, we like to hear that. See you soon we hope!
Blauvelt, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great place to stay for Arches, Canyonlands National Parks..this KOA isn't anything to rave about..the staff were attentive, the store was well stocked..centrally located dish washing facilities, with hot water...the pool way too small for a park this size (people wanted to flock to the pool since it was over 103!) The bathrooms were horrendously hot!!!!! Felt like you were in an over heated sauna (whether showering or just using the toilet) & the power went out constantly (the ones in the back of the campground, by the "doggie" park)!!! Not a good thing, especially at night!!!...as with most KOA' s the Wi-Fi is horrendous!! What is up with that, all if you KOA' s??!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sorry the power company had some issues at the time of your visit. Yes summer is very hot here, tenting is not easy in Moab, we do however have 1 room cabins with coolers that make it more bearable in the heat.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Spending three days at this typical KOA campground while we explore Moab. Very friendly and helpful check-in staff, good store/supplies. Went to ice cream sundae night; excellent! Bathrooms unisex and nice and clean with Fiberglas molded showers. A little close to major highway (rte 191) but not too bad. Could use some more trees for shade and a little more dust control. We would return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us. We do have some wonderful views. The sunsets are great they are almost 180 degrees of magnificent.
moab
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We arrived at the Moab Koa 23 minutes prior to the pm check in time. They wanted an additional $10 for arriving early. I said we could wait in our motor home and have coffee until 1 pm They would not allow this. I expressed dismay. So the lady said she would not charge the $10. Later when we checked the recipt, we discovered that they did, in fact charge the additional $10.
I think this was dishonest

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Check in time for sites is 1pm and Lodging is 2pm.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I didn't read any reviews here of this KOA before I booked it and went - rare for me, but there weren't too many campsites with showers that I could reserve in advance. I also wanted someplace well staffed since I was travelling alone. Having gone, and now seen the reviews, I think all of them are accurate: this place can make your day or make you miserable, mostly up to you.
- There is nothing put down on the red Moab dirt to make a tent pad, so make sure to have a tarp or footprint, and buy better stakes before you get here. I had neither, that dust is everywhere, and my crappy tent pegs did NOT go into the rock-hard ground at all, even with a hammer. The wind flipped my tent even with my stuff in it, and a nice woman in the next site helped me set stones on the edges to hold it down!
- It's got a weird shower/bathroom setup, different than other KOAs I've been to - not separate mens and womens, just bathroom stalls (toilet/sink) with full doors, and showers (no sink) with full doors. So you'll have privacy, but having sinks only in bathroom stalls means you have to wait for one all over again after showering if you want the mirror, etc.
- That said, the staff were more helpful to me about a place for dinner, etc than elsewhere, generally very nice, and I really didn't find it too far from downtown Moab, or the park. And the sites here were bigger than at another KOA I stayed at a few days later.
- TRUE fact about the UNbelievable views from this place, and good dark skies for stargazing! You are not sleeping right next to a busy road or within sight of city lights.
I'd use it again, for sure, but I'd be better prepared with my equipment.

Room Tip: I was pretty happy with the tent site (other than the rocky ground), but if you have strong feelings...