“Surprising find” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Menlo Park, California
“Surprising find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We blew into Moab at 9 pm and didn't expect to find anything other than a burger chain or hotel coffee shop for dinner. Devran's was a really unexpected find, slightly off the beaten path. We sat outside and nearly had the place to ourselves that late, so we had excellent and friendly service.
I can't speak to the absolute authenticity of the Turkish food, but it certainly was yummy! The pita was of uniform thickness and evenly flat, as if it were made by machine, but the olive oil with capers was a delicious change from the usual. Stuffed eggplant and chicken kabobs were both great. I wish we had had room for more food, I would have liked to try more things.
I hope they do well, I really appreciate cosmopolitan food and atmosphere in unexpected places.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Austin
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I ate here on June 16, 2014. All the food was amazing, but the baba ghanoush was the best I have ever had....fresh peppers and eggplant...not anything like the gray mush you get elsewhere. We sat out on the patio in the evening...our best meal in Moab!

Visited June 2014
Moab, Utah
“very enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I finally tried the new place in town--and as I formerly have worked in very high-end food service properties, I'm not the easiest to please.
I found the food to be wonderful--preparation and presentation were delightful, the service was attentive without being overbearing.
I'd go again and recommend this restaurant to my clients as they seek something different.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Poached Pears & Smiling Faces”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My family lives locally in Moab, and we really aren't those to venture and try new things. However, we finally talked those that were a bit more reluctant to get out and go to the new Mediterranean place in town. Best decision we've made in a while for our dining out experience.

Devran's is set off of Main Street; so the location is quiet with a garden out front and a back patio set with tables and chairs. We chose to eat inside--an open room with wood timbered ceilings and Turkish decor.

We ordered the Tuna Tartare with avocado as a starter--great flavor and very fresh. Then each of us sampled an entree--mine, a chicken kebab, was cooked to perfection with a hearty portion of seasoned rice. We also tried the stuffed eggplant and the meat plate served with a side of "begendi" (an spiced eggplant puree).

By the end of the meal, we had to loosen our belts, but there was still room for the baklava and poached pear. The baklava is served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream; it is fresh and crisp and everything that baklava should be. The pear--oh the pear--it was to die for! At least three levels of flavor, the first sweet bit of the deep purple fruit transformed into a spiced delight that deepened into the intricate fruity flavors of a mulled wine.

The service was quick and extremely friendly. Though new restaurants in a small town have their struggles, I wish Devran's the best in their future here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moab, Utah
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stumbled on this little restaurant one night in Moab. The food was wonderful to look as well being delicious. We recommend it to anyone finding the restaurants on the strip crowded and noisy.