Back yard

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

desertlov...
Denver, Colorado
“Older but large space, entertaining sunflower theme, quiet location, nice access to hiking/biking trail”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed in the house with 7 people; including, my parents, husband and our 3 kids - ages 7, 7, and 9. Although I was initially taken a back by the place being older (old wood paneling, colorful carpets in bedroom, that sort of thing) the place grew on me. There is a sunflower theme throughout.
It has lots of space. My three kids had their own bedroom to share and their own bathroom. The bedroom with two beds (no bunk bed) and it's own bath is located on the other side of the house, so this gave my parents a spot to be away from the grand kids.
My husband and I stayed in our own room near the kids (with our own bathroom).

Dining room table is large enough to seat all 7 of us without any difficulty.

House is located on a nice quiet street. My daughter and mom wandered out to the nearby bike/hiking dirt trail in the evening for peaceful wander and views of the red rock. Has a big backyard that kids enjoyed playing in.

Unlike an earlier review, the dishwasher did work (just took a firm push to close the door all the way). Although older, it was clean and comfortable. We plan to try and stay there again this fall. The price is great for the tremendous amount of space.

Side note: Walking distance to the right along main route there is a drive thru espresso place :)

5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 3 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 2 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
4 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Large space, quiet location, proximity to trails
Liked least: kitchen was missing some utensils (good can opener for example)
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
t00slow
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Wished I would have paid a little more for a nicer place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

The house was large with 3 BR and 3 Baths, but it was an older home that has not been well maintained. I could have lived with it just being an older home with things being deteriorated, but the home also had ants, spiders and other little critters. The Bathroom for BR number 1 was especially bad, with ants constantly around the sink and counter. They did have ant spray in the house, but it only solved the problem temporarily. There were also ants in the kitchen, so you couldn't leave any food out without having a massive ant gathering. The dishwasher was also broken, so we had to hand wash the dishes. The front door was in very poor shape. The door was broken on the bottom half, which left a sizeable gap from the door frame. Wind would blow in leaves and sand through the gap. The door could have easily been kicked in, so we could never leave our laptops and valuables behind for fear of it being stolen. For $30-$40 more a night, we could have done a lot better with a newer home. Wished I would have paid the extra money now.

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
4 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 2 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
2 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 2 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
3 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 2 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
3 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The home is on a quiet street and in a good location.
Liked least: The ants in the house.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Apr 2, 2014
Sorry that you did not like your stay. We were aware that the door was broken and we had one ordered as we could not find one in town. It has now been replaced.
I went over the next day to deal with the ants, but I did not find any. Maybe the spray worked. In any case I left bait traps and hope there will not be any more little ants.
The dishwasher does work. The reviewer after you found that it needed just a little push to close the door in order to start.
I do believe the house is well maintained and we are always glad to take care of any problems that we are aware of.
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$100
/ Night
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Request to Book
Or, send the owner a message
Send Message
this property has payment protection
Owner
Scott B
Speaks English
Listed since : Dec 2013
Response Rate: 100 %
Calendar Updated: 7 days ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing