“Tim L” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Tim L”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Grant and his staff really go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable.Motel is very clean and cozy.Walking distance to downtown Moab.Great value for your money.Staff will go out of there way to make you comfortable.Visting on business they were great in helping me with all my business needs.Really the best value and customer service in Moab. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Wife and I stayed at the Inca Inn during our stay in Moab last year.

Inca Inn is a small motel just off the main street in Moab, right next to the mini dinosaur museum (which by the way is a sight in its own right). We arrived at Moab late evening having driven across Utah from Zion National Park on Highway 12. The drive was beautiful but we were exhausted. So I was delighted to find that at the Inca Inn you can drive right up to your door, since we weren't exactly travelling light. In fact we decided to leave the luggage in the car, and just nip back to the car if we needed something!

The rooms themselves are small but very clean and the sheets and bathrooms are impeccably clean.The motel has a small pool which we didn't try, and serves a decent though basic breakfast which we did. The manager (the one with long hair) was chatty and friendly, and helpful with tips.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I must first commend Grant and his staff for making the extra effort to gain customer satisfaction. Well done.
The inn itself is of the smaller, old-school charmers in the vein of those "drive right up to your door" motels. Our room (#113) was surprisingly good sized, recently refurbished, really great bed and linens (my wife loved the pillows which Grant assured me were the same as used by Hampton Inn.) Only complaints were the small bath towels, the lack of an AC outlet near the nightstand to plug in my phone (which I use as my trusty alarm clock), and the use if styrofoam cups. (I've got a thing against stryofoam in all hotels... it's an environmental issue for as we all (hopefully) know how many centuries it will take for styrofoam to break down in a landfill... recycled paper cups hold coffee just fine.) Off my soap box and back on the road, as one who spends close to 1/4 of the year in hotels, I would rate this independently owned motel up their with the best of them. The customer service was genuinely friendly, not some pasted on smile routine.
Every good review on TA drew me to the Inca Inn, the price sealed the deal. Not often you get two nights in a clean, comfortable, room anywhere for a little over $100. And check this out, the owners put up the No Vacancy sign so the staff could have the night free for the company Christmas Party. They left us a note with a cell number to call should we need anything, and put some treats and coffee/tea and a coffee maker in our room just in case. Upon check out, Grant personally asked me for my input on what they might possibly do better. The Inca Inn has pretty much got it right. Remember, this ain't the Hampton. But, in my opinion, it's better because it is a locally owned and operated business, and that's who I prefer to do business with in my travels. Small-business owners unite! Thanks again for the great stay. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2012
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

What a relief to find a place that has been updated with an eye to the basics that travelers really value-first it's clean all the way to the corners. Next they've paid attention to the right things, like a good bed, lots of lighting,(with outlets at the bases of the lamps!). The bathroom is REALLY clean, thank you so much.
With all of that, the place doesn't take itself so seriously. Don't you hate that in the higher price chains? They are honest about what they offer and what they are able to offer.
There are many nice touches, but I'll let you discover them for yourselves. Definitely a comfort at the end of a long day, or as home base to explore this beautiful area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

The place is nice to stay at, close to everything, beds, linens were decent and service was friendly. What really put them over the too for me is that I left my favorite pillow and pillow case there and didn't realize till that night when we were already up in salt lake and wouldn't be passing that way again. When I called to ask if they had found my pillow and they replied yes, they also stated that in the spirit of the season they would ship it to my address! Super excited to get my favorite buckwheat pillow and pillowcase back. How wonderful that they would do that!

• Stayed December 2012
Toledo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great little motel at half the price of the big chains. When we are on road trips and are only staying one night at each location, we always look for small locally owned motels. Parking right outside your room makes unloading a snap. We also try to keep our vacation expense dollars local, if at all possible. This motel fits this perfectly.

The furnishings are a little dated, but the rooms are very clean and well maintained, including the carpet and linens. The staff was friendly and helpful and the location was very good, right on the main drag. Add everything up, and we highly recommend the Inca Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Campobello, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in this motel at the beginning of November and found it to be a clean and comfortable place that we would love to visit again. It was a little more expensive than we expected but was one of the cheapest we found so I feel it was a good value for the location at that time of year. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great although the parking lot was a little cramped. There was nothing special about the rooms but all we needed was something clean and comfortable which this definitely was. Our only issue was hearing a slight murmer from the voices in the room beside us which was a little annoying since we were going to bed early, but it wasn't that bad and we probably only noticed it because of our early bedtime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inca Inn? Share your experiences!