“Average food for a well above average price.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 56 Restaurants in Moab
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
nebraska
“Average food for a well above average price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The pizza crust is great teasting, the toppings about average. The salad bar is nice. The regular menu is the restaurants weakness. The food is average at best, but the price near gourmet.

Visited November 2012

Charleston, South Carolina
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I went for dinner and I ordered salmon on my salad and it was not impressive. The salmon looked as though it had come out of a box and was microwaved. My husband got a steak salad, however, and it was good. So I guess that's what I get for ordering seafood at a steakhouse/pizzeria type restaurant in UT. Overall we just weren't very impressed.

Visited January 2013
Moab, Utah
“Great food, nice chef, terrible waitresses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My friend and I went to Zax pizza on 1/5/13, in the evening around 7:00 PM an ate in the bar. The server, a blonde woman wearing far less clothing then I feel is appropriate for a restaurant, barely brushed by our table to ask us if we needed menu's. We replied yes, and were talking to some other guest. She didn't even see how many of us there were and just brought us 4 menus even though there were 2 of us. She came by to ask us for our drinks, once again itching to get away from our table as fast as she could. We ordered, I being gluten free asked for the Zax burger with chicken and no bun. We recieved our food from a different blonde server who looked like she might be on some type of stimulant drug. Very figity and just as eager to leave our table before we could even finish telling her that everything was great. The cook, a woman named Dusty came out to check on us and our food. We discussed the gluten free options and she expresed that she is gluten free as well and is pushing your company to jump on the band wagon by offing things like gluten free pizza crusts and hoping to offer more in the future like pastas and special dishes. Kudos! It's a growing thing. my friend and I were very pleased with the food and the chef, however, the waitresses were completly terrible. They were very unattentative to their guest, us and the other tables, they were loud and crude and acted like they could care less about their job, your company or your reputation. The tacky clothing on the blonde server who looked like she should be working at Hooters, the waitress who looked like she might have helped herself to a heaping pile of simulating drugs and their complete lack of professionalism is enough to deter me from wanting to eat there again. If it weren't for you gluten free friendly atmosphere, polite back of house staff and good food you would have lost customers. At least I can say I saved a little money on the tip, they didn't deserve more than 10%.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alberta
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Food was excellent, beer was varied & interesting (several local brews), servers clearly enjoyed their jobs, decor was cool. Prices were decent as well.

Visited November 2012
“Gluten free pizza that tastes great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

While visiting Moab, we wanted a place to have a drink, watch football and grab a bite. It was here we could do it all. It was not as crowded as the other brewery/watering hole. To my surprise there was gluten free pizza on the menu and it was delicious.

Visited December 2012