“Zax is a must-stop for us when in Moab...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 71 Restaurants in Moab
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Farmington, New Mexico
“Zax is a must-stop for us when in Moab...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Anytime we get hungry for wood-fired pizza, Zax comes to mind. On a recent stop in Moab, we had the pizza/salad/soup buffet...all delicious! Many selections of pizza served on a counter with a view of the ovens--the guys stay very busy moving pizzas from the oven to the counter. (Loved the Beer Cheese soup, too.) The staff is always great--Tom our waiter was very helpful.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Montpellier
“Sport pub as many others. Beer is good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The only advice I can give is : take the Soup&Salad bar menu for diner. Soup is good. This is healthy and All U Can Eat so.... Good value.
Other than there is 2 main rooms. One is a pub (where we were) and the other is more restaurant style.
I would say the pub part is pretty loud. Sorry: One of the waitresses is pretty loud actually, and to be franc we prefered the others who were really sweet and not like this : "if you don't tell me what you want in 3seconds I go somewhere more interesting for me" kind of girl...
Anyway. Past this Loud waitress we had a great time :)

• 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Good for Moab - Tom the waiter was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I always ask locals/shop workers where they go out and got a couple of recommendations for Zax. They have a very varied menu so it was difficult to choose something because they attempt to have something for everyone...no main theme to the menu. I had the Pizza/salad/soup buffet. 2 kinds of soup are available and a smallish salad bar. For the pizza, they only offer thin crust and it's actually fairly good - bottom of the crust is crunchy and stiff, doesn't get soggy and with the stiffness, makes it easy to hold/bite. Sauce and toppings are OK. If you want a specific pizza, you just ask one of the 2 guys making pizza for it and they'll put one together.

Also got the pulled pork sandwich. Tom, our waiter, recommended the fries to go with it as it has a breading on the outside. Wow! The BEST fries. Don't salt it, don't put ketchup on it, just eat it plain. Better than Five Guys/In&Out/all the other burger chains. I would go back just for the fries! I was stuffed from doing the "all-you-can-eat" but I kept picking up another of my wife's fries, I couldn't resist. The pulled pork was the requisite tender but lacked chunks - it was shredded. BBQ sauce was a little too sweet. Comes on a big kaiser style roll.

Tom was better than the food. Friendly and you got the impression that he was giving you his honest recommendations rather than what mgmt told him to push. Never had to request a refill he was on top of it.

If I go back to Moab, given my sampling of restaurants, I would go back to Zax.

Atmosphere - I would have given it a "4" but some parents really don't seem to care about the dining experience of other people. Rather than deal with their kids, one group just let theirs run around the restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Columbia, South Carolina
“Girls in the bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The resturant itself offerred a nice varied menu with GOOD service, however, it was the girls in the bar that were really entertaining and and made our visit even more enjoyable. There was Jenny who kept us in stitches while providing efficient service, also, we appreciated meeting Molly, Heidi T, LeThu, and Laura. It was such a good experience my husband and I visited twice while in Moab.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Nice bar area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We enjoyed the local crowd over there. Good beer and the menu has plenty of different options (pizza, BBq, sandwich etc...)
Reasonable prices.