“Poor Service - Better options in town” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 South Main St., Moab, UT 84532   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Tucson
“Poor Service - Better options in town”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2008

I made a reservation on line and indicated the Visa 20 promotion by Capitol One which is supposed to give me 20% off. However, I did not receive the discount.
Also - while I specifically requested an upper floor, we were placed on a ground floor. The window did not lock in an partially open position and the screen was popped out creating security concerns. The hotel is not well built and the noise from people moving about upstairs was very noticeable.
Also, when we entered the room it was freezing cold with the air conditioner going full blast - I had to wear my jacket for the evening - not very relaxing.
Finally, the front desk did not answer the phone when I tried to call about these issues.
Moab, UT has many hotels including most large chains. There are better options than the La Quinta.

• Disliked — Poor Service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

I stayed one night with a group. hotel is very good. spacious and comfortable. Bath is clean. complementary breakfast has many choices, you can even make fresh waffle.

free use of internet, but I have to wait for others before I can check in my flight next day.

Macdonald, burger king about 5 minutes walk away, a pizza(dominos? I forgot as I don't eat pizza)house is across the street. Theres's small supermarket near burger king too. And a post office if I remembered right.

Very good hotel.

• Stayed August 2008
Austin, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

I'm not sure if our experience was typical, but it was not good. The hotel was fully booked when we stayed, and the desk put us in a first-floor handicap room (which we had not requested). It was large, but the positives ended there. The floor was carpeted but hard as a rock (maybe for wheelchairs?) and also felt damp. We spent most of the day at Arches National Park, came back to the hotel and watched some TV, then turned out the lights and went to bed.

I spent the night feeling oddly uncomfortable in the bed, and rolled continuously throughout the night, only falling asleep in the early morning. The bed was oddly made and the sheets immediately flipped off of the mattress whenever I moved (and I'm small, ~140 lbs), leaving my fiancee and I at times sleeping on a bare mattress. At some point in the night my fiancee came back from the bathroom shrieking about some sort of insect, so I went in to inspect. There was a roach scuttling around the floor, which I managed to catch and flush down the toilet.

I thought the bug problems ended there, but I was wrong. When I awoke (after only a few hours of sleep), my feet and ankles had numerous large welts that had not been there when I went to bed. Apparently, something had been chomping down on my feet while I slept. My fiancee had the exact same experience.

Thankfully, we were only staying one night so we left and the experience was over. But we'll always remember the La Quinta - Moab as "that place" with the bug infestation that wouldn't let us sleep.

(otherwise, the hotel is a very average two-star roadside "Motel 6" type place)

• Stayed August 2008
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

This was the best motel stay experience for me and my family. We checked in after a long drive for a one night stay but soon added another night. The room was great comparable to staying at a Hilton type hotel. The continental breakfast offered a variety of items -- everything was fresh. There was a pool which was a little small but it was fun for my kids and was refreshing after a hot day.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

We stayed one night at this LaQuinta as part of a road trip that included a visit to Arches National Park. The hotel was in great shape (looked to be fairly new), and the room was more than adequate as well. The beds weren't the best we slept on during our vacation, but we didn't have any problems with them. We also didn't experience any problems with noise, despite having a large bus tour contingent staying in the hotel at the same time. The bathroom was clean, as was the rest of the room. Later in the evening, we swam in the outdoor pool and found it to be very nice as well. The continental breakfast was par for the course in this class of hotel. For the money and the proximity to Arches, this hotel can't be beat.

• 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Burlington, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

We really like La Quinta's so I never thought much of making the reservation here - we expected it to be a great hotel. Not quite.

The place is pet friendly. Apparently everyone has a dog except us. My son is afraid of dogs, which isn't the fault of the hotel, but I'll admit I didn't expect so many. The place is clean and the housekeeping staff efficient - my only problem was the barking dog two doors down from us as we walked by on the first floor. The dog never stopped during the two days we were there. Luckily we didn't hear him from our room.

The good points of this hotel: The location is pretty good. Your right across the Moab Brewery, which has great food and excellent beer right across the street. It has an interesting atmosphere too with jeeps, bikes and all kinds of things hanging on the walls. Even nice shirts. I just assumed the road would be a two laner, but it was a busy 4 laner with a center turn lane. You'll need to make a dash for it. It can be done but use caution. The Comfort Suites is on the same side of the Brewery if this is an issue for you. The La Quinta is also within a reasonable walk to town, which is full of art shops and places to eat. Your near a grocery store - which you'll need for lunch items if your visiting the state or national parks.

Our room was large enough, and had double-sinks outside the bathroom. It was the first hotel we have stayed at with double-sinks - a plus. The beds were ok but the pillows were mushy. Our room's carpet was stained, and there was a strange smell in the room which I couldn't tell if it came from the air conditioning or the carpet. The view from our window was the back of the gas station/convenience store. We had to keep our curtains closed (and room dark) for any kind of privacy. Again, we were on the first floor - this may not have been as much of an issue on other floors and certainly not across the hallway.

The pool is outdoor and a little interesting. It had a motion sensor light to illuminate it. The light constantly was on and off. The hot tub was a nice size, though I'll admit there was a smell in the air that night - moldy grass? I wasn't sure. I'm hoping it was just that night.

The staff was very helpful at the front desk and we did get the impression the place was cared for. The place does need a face lift. Areas like the lobby, laundry and hallways looked fine.

Breakfast was plentiful but crowded. We thought the woman who was replenishing it did a great job in keeping up. The coffee was pretty week - more like brown water - but the rest of the breakfast was fine.

A computer with internet is available in the lobby - but the slowest high speed I've ever seen. They may as well have dial-up and save the money - it might even be faster.

The price of this hotel was right, but I'm not sure we'd stay here again since there seems to be many other choices in Moab.

• Liked — The location to town and brewery
  • Disliked — Room smell, abundant pets, stained carpet
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pulborough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

We had a ground (first) floor room but were unable to sleep during the night because it sounded like an entire football team was living above and we could hear every noise from the landing above. We complained and were moved to a top floor room which was better but there was still noise coming through rooms. Not up to the usual La Quinta experience I normally get.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noise
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Quinta Inn Moab? Share your experiences!