“Bring earplugs, but best location and recently renovated” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Moab
atlanta
“Bring earplugs, but best location and recently renovated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The staff here tries really hard to give you the best stay possible. the breakfast was way better than expected; better than that at other more expensive brand properties. like alice's review, the fridge in the 2 rooms we had whined, but the a/c, which had an awesome "constant fan" option, more than covered the sound. the room was cleaner than any we've had in about 1000 nights in hotels, and it's cleaned by teenagers on their summer break. they work incredibly hard.
the location is perfect. the decor is really beautiful, and i am really picky.
our only issue was the noise of banging doors. the gm said they would work on it, and i believe him. he is a really great guy.

Room Tip: top floor. in the new addition. the walls are thicker
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was a great location for my visit to Arches and Canyonlands plus Dead Horse State Park. I work for another hotel chain and this pleasantly surprised me. Front Desk staff was friendly and very helpful with all of my questions. Complimentary breakfast was great (even though I did not like the eggs one day - was not to my liking). Clean, fresh, easy to get to and an easy drive into Moab - only 2 miles from the other side of Moab. I would definitely stay here again and better yet refer others to stay here if ever in the area or just passing thru. A bit pricey but it was summer of which they have more visitors than in the winter. Great! Thank you for a wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I confess that I was ill during our stay and that may have flavored my feelings about the hotel. Here are my thoughts, in no particular order:

--Room view: parking lot. Perhaps that was superior to the pool view, which may have been on the noisy side.
--Beds were decidedly on the hard side for me and even for my husband who usually doesn't care
--The couch (room was a suite) was about as comfortable as a wooden bench
--Meat selections in breakfast room were rubbery -
-Keys did not work on 2nd day; told we had not checked in
--Front desk staff member suggested we dine at a restaurant that was closed on Sundays, which was the day we were looking for a dinner spot
--Pool area towels were skimpy

The good:
--Because I was not feeling well, we came down to breakfast after the end time and the staff were so kind in allowing me to get a slice of toast and a banana from the kitchen. It doesn't sound like much but I sure appreciated it. Thank you, ladies.
--Room & bathroom were clean
--Room was generally quiet
--Location of hotel convenient to 2 national parks and town for dining spots

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel is at 5 minutes drive from the Arches national park. It's located on the main road, very easy to find and in a quiet area.
The rooms are large and comfortable. Very clean. There's a nice swimming pool with hot tubs. Perfect stay for a family. The staff is helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel is ideal for visiting Arches and Canyonlands. The location is fantastic and I think all rooms enjoy spectacular views. Only downside is that it is a little pricey compared to other hotels lodgings we stayed at over a 3 week tour of national parks and we did have to drive a short distance into the town to dine in the evenings when we normally prefer to walk out for an evening meal. Staff really friendly and helpful. Large clean rooms. I would definitely stay again but ask for a room further away from the pool which, as you would expect, can be noisy.

Room Tip: away from pool if you dont have kids - just to avoid evening noise - pool stays open quite late.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed here in mid June for a couple of days while visiting Arches National Park and Dead Horse Point. Good size, clean room with all the usual fittings including a fridge. Reasonable complimentary breakfast. It’s located just outside town and is one of the nearest hotels to Arches. I would have given it a five rating but for two points. Firstly the walls and doors are thin; we were unlucky to have a small child next door who cried. I was surprised at just how clearly we could hear the child and the parents attempts to calm him/her. I also had to turn off the fridge during the night as it developed a louder than usual whine. Secondly, we paid $429 for two nights. I’m not sure what the going rate for hotels like this is but I thought this was on the high side.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Chris M,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights with my son while we hiked nearby Arches and Canyonlands. Couldn't ask for better accommodations. Room was very comfortable and clean. Pool was fantastic after long hikes - especially the large hot tub! Hotel was just abit outside of town, but it's very convenient to Arches, which is where we spent most of our time. The staff were very friendly and courteous and the breakfasts were good, as far as free hotel breakfasts go. Wifi was easy to access, free and worked well. On-site laundry also came in handy after a few days. I would also add that, despite the fact that the hotel seemed to be full to capacity and our room was located immediately adjacent to the front desk and breakfast areas (which I was abit concerned about when we first checked in), we had no sound issues at all and slept quite well. Overall, no complaints - wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab? Share your experiences!