“Amazing stay” 5 of 5 stars

You added Red Cliffs Lodge to your Saves list
Red Cliffs Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mile Post 14 Hwy 128, Moab, UT 84532   |
Offers & Announcements
Dinner Certificate for 2!
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“Amazing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were originally going to camp but our trip was during the gov't shutdown, so, we had to find a place to stay last minute and this place was an amazing find. Our room had a porch that overlooked the river and the beautiful plateaus and at night was perfect for stargazing. The bed was really comfortable and the kitchenette was perfect for preparing lunches to take hiking. I did not love the restaurant for dinner (it is a little old fashioned and expensive) but the buffet breakfast was good and the view is really beautiful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

What a great stay! Great setting and great service at reception in every way. On-site facilities are really good and those in surrounding areas are awesome. Our meal the first night at Cowboy Grill was very good; our meal the 2nd night eating in the bar (same menu) with Rebecca's professional and friendly serving was excellent! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: excellent vacation
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rhonda G, Public Relations Manager at Red Cliffs Lodge, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you Lilienne C, we appreciate your review of Red Cliffs Lodge. It's wonderful to get excellent reviews like this, and to know that our staff and our management are meeting and exceeding our guest’s expectations!
We hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the future.

Warm Regards - Rhonda Graham - Online Rep - Red Cliffs Lodge
Holladay, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The working ranch setting of the property adds to a rustic feel that goes very nicely with the spectacular views along the Colorado river. For those willing to pay the somewhat hefty price, you'll get a very private room with a small kitchenette area and a great view of either the river or red rock cliffs. Although the room are all single story, we were able to hear guests walking in adjacent rooms, probably due to the wooden beam constructions transmitting sound. The service at check-in is excellent, as is the breakfast buffet which is served in the bar and restaurant. Hopefully not normal was our very disappointing experience in the restaurant for dinner. We were served a drink fairly quickly after arriving, but then almost forgotton about for the remainder of the evening. When we were finally served, the T-bone and Ribeye were both fairly well charred beyond recongnition. Both were ordered medium rare, but arrived somewhere between medium and well done. After waiting 90 minutes for dinner, we told the waiter, but did not send the food back as we were concerned that we would have to wait much longer before eating. That could have been forgiven had the waiter been at least somewhat attentive. We probably would not eat at the resort restaurant again unless it were too late to travel to Moab. Even with the restaurant snafu, I'll rate the overall resort a "Very Good"

Room Tip: The river side suites are very private with nice views of the red cliffs on the opposite side of the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We always drive out here for the Sunday brunch buffet when visiting Moab. It is about a 20 minute drive from town. Excellent as always. Love to come here to eat but would never pay $300-$500 a night to stay.

• Stayed May 2014
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Despite the cost, I stayed here. It was really nice being 14 miles out of town, along the banks of the CO River. I stayed in a creek-side room, with 2 Q beds. It had a kitchenette (micro, fridge, d/w, and a few dishes). I wonder about the glasses, as not plastic-wrapped. I had used only one cup. I came back and cups all in original spot, but I wonder how it was cleaned. I did not see a rack of clean dishes or cups on maid's cars, so I doubt she truly washed it. The tile floors (esp. bathroom) should be mopped occasionally; my socks got really dirty. The carpet had not been vacuumed, either, as white stuff by bed (not lint). The wood seemed to have an 'off' smell by front door of room. My stay was fun, though! The room was nice. They have well water, so you can't drink it (unless you're used to it). They have reverse osmosis water available in rooms. Signs read water is scarce, yet I saw the restaurant staff throwing unused water over restaurant balcony. Rooms had safes and robes. I slept with the windows open. I wish the sliding glass patio door had a screen, though. They have a table inside to sit at for meals or whatever. They also have a table outside on patio, and a chaise lounge chair outside. I laid out there looking at the stars and planets, listening to the creek.
The restaurant had good food, but I only tried the special of the night penne with beef tenderloins, and it was pretty greasy. The host, Freddie, was super-nice and always smiling. There was a really nice waitress I had and there was a tall, white waiter, with blonde-gray? hair who was very good, as well. I had the trout another night. It was okay, but I am not a big trout fan. I had heard another person say the filet special was great, and another person say the steak was dry. So, I didn't order steak. The cobbler dessert was not great, I didn't think, especially for $7. It was also quite small. Dinner on the patio had a great view. When the front desk staff recommends making a reservation, they mean it. Dinner gets very busy quickly. Locals eat there, too!
I went to the wine tasting at the on-site winery. The wine was good, and the owners very nice. Keep in mind UT has a limit/law about how much alcohol is allowed. Bars have to water-down drinks, so to speak.
I stayed two nights. Due to a winter storm in CO, I ended up back-tracking on my road trip, and staying there a 3rd night. I was hoping to get a 'deal,' but no way! So, I had to pay another $275 on top of my pre-paid hotel room in Grand Junction, for the same night. They give a cookie upon check-in. Nice, but they should have cookies available to guests every night.
The beds were comfortable, but thin walls.
Gravel drive throughout property. Just something to keep in mind for when you get luggage out of car to take into room or when walking to dinner. I did use the hot tub and pool. Those were nice. Laundry room had 3 washers and 3 dryers, $1.50 and $1.75. Detergent and softener available for purchase.
Arches and Canyonlands Nat'l Parks, and Dead Horse State Park are close to Moab.
I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I can't describe the beauty of the place. It's only difficulty is that it adds an extra 14 miles each way to travel to and from Arches or any other attraction such as a dinner in Moab. But what a great drive!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Doha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed at the Red Cliff Lodges at the end of April - travellers were my wife, 5 year old daughter and myself. We stayed in one of the cheaper lodges overlooking the creek which had 2 queen beds. Made the reservation with booking.com for just under $300 including tax.

There is no doubt that this is a beautiful place to stay - the lodges are similar to a wooden scandinavian style and whereever you are at the property you have beautiful views of the red cliffs. The lodges are large and spacious with a kitchen area and lounge. Everyone has a lovely outside area - ours was looking onto a garden and creek area.

The hotel has lots of great facilities - large outside pool and hot tub (the latter which my daughter and I used first thing in the morning and was good fun), film museum highlighting how the scenery nearby has been used on loads of westerns and other films, winery on site and a great upmarket restaurant which we went to in the evening. I had a great steak there with amazing views of the Colorado river.

We only stayed for one night and unfortunately the weather the next morning was not great as we would have like to explore some of the nearby attractions off route 128 like Fischer Towers but still had a nice buffet breakfast at the hotel for $11 per person and half price for adults.

My only reason why I don't give 5 stars is that we had a problem with our bath and hot water when we were there - the hotel did sort it out after a while but we had been camping for the previous two nights so were desperate for a bath.....I think the rooms have been there for a while so things sare potentially liable to break a bit more. Also, this is not a cheap place to stay - we stayed in the cheapest room which was nearly $300 with tax without any meals....

Overall though, this is a great place and well recommended. I would plan ahead and take some our your own food and drink to cut costs a little - best to stop off at City Market in Moab as you are 14 miles away once you get to the hotel and you want to enjoy the deserted location once you get there!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Red Cliffs Lodge? Share your experiences!