“Desert Oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Torrey, Utah
“Desert Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

For a desert get-a-way, it is hard to beat the seclusion and beauty of Red Cliffs. (Take into account the 15-mile drive up from Moab. If you want to be in town - this is not the place.) My wife and I stayed here recently (return visit) and again really enjoyed it! For us, the best part is the terrific staff. Sandy Bastian (General Manager / who we were able to meet) and her crew are the wonderful! All are so friendly and willing to help! By the end of our stay we felt like we had made some new friends. We look forward to coming back in the future!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the solitude of being in a cabin on the Colorado River.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Red Cliffs Lodge in May. Sorry for the tardy review. Red Cliffs combines lovely cabins, a very good restaurant, a spectacular setting and easy access to Arches NP, Canyonlands NP and Moab.

Our cabin was on the shore of the Colorado River and had a huge bedroom, large bath, well appointed kitchen/dining area and a spacious deck. It would have been a great place to hang out but we wanted to visit and hike in the National Parks.

Next time we will stay longer!

Be sure to visit the Museum in the main building...well done.

I've attached a few photos that might be of intyerest.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

More than being a class resort, I think you will see why I have other reasons for highly recommending this resort. A friend and I got separated in the forest NE of Moab. Almost out of gas, I made it on my motorcycle to Red Cliffs Lodge. My cell phone wouldn't work, so they called his cell phone and left a message as to where I was. They made sure i had what I needed, and was given a booth to store my helmet, jacket, etc while I waited.

Hours later, concerned for my friend, they called the forest service and police. Before sundown they helped me contact search and rescue. They made sure i got their last room for the night. My friend was located and safe, but there is more. On his way to get me and the motorcycle, the engine in the truck blew up at the Colorado/Utah border. Staff called police in the area, who helped my friend get a tow to Fruita, co. Next morning staff put gas in my motorcycle to get me to Fruita, where we got transportation back to Kansas.

They have a really nice clean facility with nicely furnished cabins and rooms, the best restruant in the area, a winery next door, a museum, and lots of outdoor activities. Top notch in my book. And although it was their busy season, the staff made sure I had every thing I needed and made numerous calls for me. On top of having a class facility, the pleasant, helpful staff deserve your (and my) patronage when back in the area. Jim, Wichita, Ks.

Room Tip: The cabins are on the banks of the Colorado river
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Old Tappan, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My daughter recommended this hotel as the best place to stay in Moab. We stayed there four nights. As far as the setting and the rooms go, it cannot be topped. Since it is 15 miles from Moab (on a very winding road), you have to take this into consideration. If you go to Arches or Canyonlands during the day, you definitely do not want to return to Moab for dinner, so you are dependent on the hotel. The hotel has a nice pool, but it can be inconvenient to walk to from your room. I found four nights too many to be removed from civilization. It seems to be a popular spot for many tour groups.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had my doubts taking a bus tour and trying to find healthy vegan options. Red Cliffs Lodge was paradise for views and comfort and staff warmth and service. But the waiter's attention to my request for how I wanted the only vegan option with no oil, no dairy, no eggs blew me away. The grilled portabello mushroom cap topped with tomatoes, onions,and spinach "without" the bleu cheese plus a baked yam NOT with the cinnamon butter but with the plain spice cinnamon on the side was perfection and deelish! But all the staff enriched our bus tour's experience with attention to our requests. Today as we left Red Cliffs, Sandy came aboard our bus and thanked us for staying with them. Many of us will be back on our own .......and bringing our families and friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Columbia, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here two nights in August as part of a tour. The scenery is so beautiful. Our very large room and clean was facing the Colorado River. We sat on the patio and waved to those going down the river in rafts. The pool is large and welcome during the hot weather. Also have laundry facilities -very helpful. Wine tasting was nice. Dining room food was good but not exceptional.

Room Tip: those facing the river
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were guests for three nights at the wonderful Red Cliffs Lodge recently. What a magnificent job they have done in developing this property into a showcase and quite
functional resort facility.

We were completely pleased with the accomodations in one of the mini-king units right on the river. What a site to behold in the morning. We also had dinner at the most excellent restaurant on Wednesday night. Chef Tommy presented wonderful main courses. We also had the breakfast buffet one morning and found it to be superb as well. (The cinnamon rolls were right on.) To eat on the balcony and view the red cliffs was a site to behold and enjoy. So memorable that the picture I took that morning is now on my computer "wallpaper".

The staff no doubt reflects the philsophy and personality of the owners. We particularly were fond of Kate, who was most helpful in recommending places to see and do, since this was our first visit to the Moab area. Dawn, Shelley, and all others certainly made us feel welcomed and important in all of our conversations.The staff gets A+++.

We visited the Hollywood museum twice and took numerous pictures. That was a treat in itself. The presentation is well organized and easy to follow.

If you are looking for a peaceful and relaxing resort atmosphere this is it.

Wayne and Barb Peterson, Aurora, CO

Room Tip: Our room and patio faced the red cliffs and the river. What views. We loved the western style fur...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Cliffs Lodge? Share your experiences!