“Great B&B in Moab, Utah” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% Cash Discount
Ranked #4 of 11 Moab B&B and Inns
Orlando, FL
“Great B&B in Moab, Utah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We spent 4 nights at the Cali Cochitta B&B. It was very comfortable, very clean and only a few minutes walk to the downtown Moab area. We've never been to Moab. The owners made us feel at home. They helped with restaurant choices, golf course reservations, hikes, etc. Plus, each morning they served a different delicious breakfast. After traveling around Utah, we found the Cali Cochitta an excellent place to stay and a great value. We would stay there any time we are in Moab.

Room Tip: We liked the Alebrejas room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
CaliCochittaBandB, Owner at Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate it and you!! We hope that you will be able to come back and visit us again sometime in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This B&B was a great find in Moab. 2 blocks away from Main St, but still very quiet and quaint. The home was meticulously maintained, clean and very welcoming. We stayed in the Garden cottage, which for two, was plenty of room (my only complaint is the bathroom/shower area was a little cramped). Breafast was fantastic and we had a great time meetings and talking to other travelers. The garden/sitting area is beautiful and a great way to relax after a day of hiking around the area. The hosts Dave and Kim were fantastic...I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CaliCochittaBandB, Owner at Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. We appreciate it and you. Please come visit us again soon.
Toulouse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed at Cali Cochitta 3 nights and loved it! It is a cosy quiet place (though very close to the town center), everything is nicely decorated and welcoming and bathing in the hot tub after a day of hiking is a pleasure. Breakfast was delicious and shared with very nice people and great hosts around the table.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate it and you. Please come back and see us again soon!!
javage
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The best thing I can say about this B&B were the breakfasts. They were absolutely delicious -- best darn pancakes I have ever had and the fritatas and sticky buns weren't bad either!

I don't like writing unkind reviews but this is not a B&B I would return to. The establishment is quaint and a little bit quirky. It's an older building with lots of homey decor, which is to be expected. It was clean and had beautiful fresh cut sunflowers in the livingroom area. Dave was rather reserved but pleasant. Kimmer was outgoing and perky and showed us around with alot of enthusiasm.

My problem was that she was not very forthcoming about our rooms. I was traveling with my husband and 85 year old in-laws. When I was thinking about staying at their B&B, I called Kim and inquired about the two bedroom suite. I explained who we all were (our ages), and she said the suite would be just fine for us. Well, it was anything but that.

The second bedroom was so small with slanted ceilings that we had to pull the bed out from the slanted wall into the middle of the tiny room just so we could fit our heads at the top of the bed and hang our feet over the other end. I did see the photo of the room on the website and emailed her to express my concern that it may not fit us. She reassured me that it was not a room just for children and that it would accommodate two adults no problem. Well, that was not the truth. It was uncomfortable and squished and very difficult to move around in., especially with the bed in the middle of this tiny space. And the bed was loaded up with a dozen or more stuffed animals. The very least she might have done was removed all the stuffed animals -- after all, I told her we were adults.

When we checked in and she saw that we were four adults, she exclaimed "oh my, you're four adults for the suite?" I got the feeling she knew right away that this was not the best accommodations for us but she smiled and took our credit cards. In all fairness when I emailed my concerns, she did offer me the cottage for more money as an option but again, she said the two bedroom suite would be fine so I believed her and stuck with our original plans.

I had no problems with the liquid soap but I did find it odd that knowing there were four of us, there were only three wash clothes in the basket to use and the next morning when they were replenished, there were three again. It's really a minor complaint and didn't really bother me but it just showed me how they didn't really pay attention to our needs.

The other issue was that there were steps that she neglected to mention -- three steps up to the main suite door and then a cut out in the floor and another step up to the actual room once the door is open. It's a bit dangerous, especially for an older person. I was a little dumbfounded that she didn't mention this to me when I told her about my concerns with my elderly inlaws. They were quite unnerved about having to get up and use the bathroom down the hall at night and trying to make their way down the steps in the dark. Once they got their room door open (after going down the first step inside the room), the little night light turned on in the hall but I left one of the bathroom lights on to ease their anxiety. It just was odd to me that this oversight occurred. If I never mentioned their ages or my concern, I would understand.

My traveling companions gave me a hard time about my choice and wanted to leave so I emailed Kim that night and told her that our accommodations were not exactly what she communicated to me. She emailed me back and said she didn't understand what the problem was and included a previous email where she offered up the cottage as an option and made it perfectly clear to me that no refund would be forthcoming if we left.

We stayed. My mother-in-law did love her yard and enjoyed the birds and butterflies and flowers. It all worked out in the end but I didn't feel that Kim was too accommodating or forthright in what she told me and that isn't acceptable, especially for the price we paid.

Sadly, we won't be reutrning to Cali Cochitta on our next trip to Moab.

Room Tip: Do not chose the suite unless you are traveling with very little children.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CaliCochittaBandB, Owner at Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
We appreciate each and every comment our guests take the time write. We strive for excellence at Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast and take the comments from our guests to heart; we try to make improvements from every criticism and build upon the praise. We make it a policy to rarely respond to guests comments but there was a recent comment posted that requires my response.

We are truly saddened that a recent stay for four of our guests was less than exceptional. Through several email communications it was made clear that the Suite Cochitta could accommodate four adults but that was not the best use for the room. It was suggested that the party reserve one of the rooms or cottages available on the ground level of the Bed & Breakfast to accommodate the senior guests in their party; unfortunately they chose not take that suggestion and stated that the Suite would fit their needs. We do apologize that some minor housekeeping items were overlooked and have implemented changes to ensure this will not happen to future guests. If the mistake would have been brought to our attention during their stay we would have fixed the error immediately.

As always, we would like to thank our guests for taking the time review and comment upon their stay at Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast. We have and will be making changes from this posting as well as continuing to strive for excellence and to exceed guests’ expectations from all previous postings. We understand that not all ratings will be a five star, otherwise there would be no need for improvement; we believe at Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast there is always a need for improvement so that we may exceed our guest’s expectations and look forward to their return stay. Again we thank you for your comments as we learn from mistakes and build upon the praise.
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

2 nights there in 2 different rooms of a nicely renovated old house off the main street thus very quiet. Like the charm and atmosphere of the common area as well as breakfast seating outside. Hosts are very friendly and prepare a very good breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for coming to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. We really appreciate it. Please come see us again very soon.
Concord
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Friends and I spent three nights at Cali Cochitta and were impressed by David and Kim's helpfulness - for example, they moved our four large bike boxes from their vacation rental property to this one when we had to move mid-week (the other property wasn't available all week), Kim gave me tissue paper and ribbon for wrapping a friend's birthday gift, and David prepared to-go breakfasts for me and my husband on the day we had to leave early. They also stored our bikes in a shed and office and let us work on them on the lawn. All of these things were much appreciated!

If you're looking for rich breakfasts, you'll be happy here. Items like sticky buns, rich quiche, eggs & steak with Hollandaise appealed to some members of my party but I was looking for healthier options - whole grains, low fat, etc. The big fruit platter offered one day was wonderful and I would've liked more of that, or at least some healthy options (granola, yogurt, more fruit?) when rich items are served. Two of us chose to get breakfast off-site on the morning of steak with Hollandaise; fortunately our companions ate what we didn't!

Another point is that you should be prepared for small-ish rooms - we wanted to stretch out after long bike rides but couldn't really manage it indoors. Also, one room was hot overnight even in March despite an open window.

The outdoor areas are very pleasant and we made use of the comfortable wicker chairs and lawn. The location, in a quiet area a few blocks from Main St., was excellent.

Room Tip: The far room in the Suite Cochitta was hot overnight. The bathroom is in a hallway shared with one o...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
CaliCochittaBandB, Owner at Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. A couple things that you wrote that I would like to comment on where the breakfast and the comment about the rooms.

The breakfast is a set menu however if you would have talked to us about your dietary needs we are more than happy to accommodate your request. We do have granola, yogurt and other healthy options available for our guests. Its not unusual for us to have request such as yours and we are more than happy to provide those types of breakfasts.

As for the "smallish room", when you booked the room we explain that this room is set up to accomodate a family with small children. I understand guests who are on a budget like to try to optomize the space, but we do not prefer to sell it to 4 adults. Also, given the historic nature of the building this is how that era built homes and the rooms in them. We prefer the quaint architechure over new construction. We also let our guests know that the private bathroom is detached and is not located directly in the room. It been our experience with people staying in the Suite Cochitta room that they like have the bathroom not right inside of the rooms, since there are 2 bedrooms in it.

Again, thank you for your comments and I hope this information helped you and that you will come back and stay with us again as we enjoyed your group and love taking care of our guests and their needs.

David & Kim
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Cali Cochitta. David and Kim provided the perfect location for our wedding last fall. David and crew prepared a great wedding meal. The service was excellent. The yard was a beautiful location for the ceremony and reception. David, Kim and the rest of the catering crew worked very hard to make our wedding day special and as stress free as possible. We and all of our guests had a wonderful experience. Our wedding party rented most of the rooms, all of which were very well done. The breakfasts were delicious and a great time to relax and talk with our wedding party. We enthousastically reccomend Cali Cochitta for a weekend get away or an important event or gathering.

Thanks again David and Kim!

Chris and Becky

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
CaliCochittaBandB, Owner at Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Thank you for your review but mostly thank you for coming to stay with us. We look forward to many return visits in the near future.
David & Kim

Been to Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!