“Better than I could have imagined!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 Nature & Parks in Moab
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Join Windgate Adventures for Rock Climbing, Canyoneering, Rappelling, Fiery Furnace Hiking or National Park Photography Tours (Arches and Canyonlands). We have trip suited from beginner to advanced, families, and groups. We will show you a unique experience that you will be talking about for years. Visit Windgate Adventures on Facebook to see trip photos.
Tucson, Arizona
“Better than I could have imagined!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Rock climbing is one of those things I've always wanted to do and I finally got the opportunity to try it with Eric at Ice Cream Parlor. The experience topped my greatest expectations! The half-day adventure was so much fun and educational at the same time. Eric is patient and encouraging, entertaining and enthusiastic. I always felt safe and went home feeling like I had really accomplished something! I can't wait to go back to Moab and do some more climbing with Eric.

Visited May 2013

California
5 attraction reviews
“Entrajo Canyon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family of 7 had a fun experience with Eric in Entrajo Canyon. I called him the evening before and left a message. He called me back right away and we booked with him for the following afternoon. We followed him to an area just south of town and he set each of us up with a helmet and climbing gear. We only had a few backpacks with us so he let us borrow a couple more. The climbing was challenging in places but he helped us along the way. 3 members of our group were nervous about the rappelling but they bravely did it anyway and actually enjoyed it. Eric was also super great to send us the pictures he took. As for the value... well there were 7 of us and it wasn't cheap. I don't regret the expense since it was a first for all of us and we had a lot of fun.

Omaha, Nebraska
7 attraction reviews
“Entrajo Canyoneering Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family of 6 was looking for adventure and we found it with Eric and Windgate! We did the half day canyoneering trip through Entrajo Canyon. This trip involved some rock scrambling, wading and swimming, and rappelling. We did not see another person the entire time and it was amazing to explore the canyon. We had never done anything like this before, and one person was terrified of the water (because it's completely opaque) and a couple of others were scared of the rappelling. Eric has an abundance of energy, knowledge, and most of all, patience. He guided us all through safely, and we later agreed it was our favorite activity while in Moab. An added bonus is that Eric is also a professional photographer and took some great shots of us. If you're like us and like to support small, local businesses, this is a perfect choice. Eric runs this business and is not seasonal help like you get when you book through some of the bigger companies. I highly recommend this activity and company for people of all ages and abilities.

East Lansing, MI
“Fantastic Fiery Furnace Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've never been so glad that the national park service tours were booked! Instead of joining a large group, we had an intimate tour with Eric. His sincere enthusiasm and knowledge gave us an experience we will never forget. He helped our daughter with her new camera (he's also a professional photographer) and he helped me climb through the complicated sections of the tour. He's abundantly patient and kind. I can't say enough positive things about Eric and the tour we took with him. Hire him.

Conroe, Texas
“Jimmie 10 speed one more off my bucket list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Meet Eric in the parking lot of Arches so glad I did ,went on the Fiery Furnace hike been on a lot of hikes this one I will have to put at of one of the best . Loads of info and a lot of fun in the hike. If your looking for a guide that knows the out doors Eric can make a great day for you.

Visited July 2013

Been to Windgate Adventures? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Windgate Adventures, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.