“Nice motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 34 hotels in Moab
Minnesota
“Nice motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

Nice motel in downtown Moab. Well appointed and spacious room, nice amenities, towels and very clean. Small pool but nice chairs and lot's of towels. Very conveniently located in Moab.

• Liked — Nice location - reasonable rates
  • Disliked — Like every motel in town it's on the main street
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Maui
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

While on our month long honeymoon roadtrip, us islanders really enjoyed Moab and this motel. As you can imagine a month long trip in which you shipped your own vehicle for usage can add up quickly so we were trying to make good choices in accommodations. I am naturally a bit leary of motels but this one totally served our purpose. We weren't at the motel much but the room we had was great. It had that lodge feel. It was cool, very important on those hot August days. The staff was nice. We'd go there again. The price was perfect. We were happy there was an inroom microwave.

We loved Arches. It was one of my highlights even now 2.5 years later. Arches is one of the best National Parks ever and the little town of Moab made the perfect stop after long days on the road. I cannot wait to visit Moab/Arches again and I would definitely put Big Horn Lodge on our list of places to stay, unless next time we go we can afford to splurge.

• Stayed August 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sandy, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

The Big Horn Lodge has always provided me an excellent room at highly competitive prices for Moab, Utah.

Even better than the quality of the rooms is the courtesy of the Big Horn Lodge's staff. Many hotel's are courteous while you're staying with them as is the staff of the Big Horn Lodge, but on 2 occasions, they have offered to put me on a waiting list when they were booked during the time of my desired reservation, and to my surprise, both times they called me when a room became available. I've only had a couple of hotels even offer to call me if a room became available, but none have ever actually done so because I believe it's too easy to appear courteous by offering to do so, but not follow through with the hassle of a waiting list when the hotel staff and/or management know they'll be able to book the room for probably more money on the day of the newly canceled vacancy.

Nice, clean, affordable, and ethical. A gem in Moab, Utah.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salt lake city, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

Big Horn was the cheapest place we could find on line and we certainly got what we paid for. I will for sure spot the extra money next time and stay at a better place. The beds were aweful. I could feel the springs just by running my hands over the bed with a small bit of pressure. I woke up with aching hips from sleeping on my side on their aweful mattresses. The place had very poor lighting and the bathroom was super super small. It appeared clean but when I let my 14 month old take her shoes off to walk around her feet were black within about 15 minutes. The carpet was so grose that none of us would walk on it without our shoes on. The room was also very smelly when we first arrived so we had to keep the door open for a while. We will not be back.

Stayed May 2008
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2008

We stayed in Moab for one night in order to visit Arches National Park. The Big Horn Lodge was perfect for us. Here are the reasons: Friendly staff, clean and well-equiped rooms, decor that made us feel like we were in a cabin, AND reasonable prices.

Stayed April 2008
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

The room was a good size and had some charm because of the "lodge" feel. Staff at the front desk were very courteous. Unfortunately, we had a room that reeked of stale, old smoke. It was a non-smoking room, but clearly someone had been smoking in there and it was very difficult to air out. Even after we left, our belongings -- including the clothes we hadn't removed from our suitcases -- smelled awful for 4-5 days, the rest of our vacation. Disgusting!

• Stayed March 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

great cooperation, friendly, clean, comfortable, reliable, ... everything the way it should be.

Stayed November 2007

Been to Big Horn Lodge? Share your experiences!