“Good value and handy bike wash area” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$49 (USD)
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good value and handy bike wash area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Like the other reviewers have said, the Bowen had the lowest prices I saw online. Nice to say the rooms were clean and the motel in conveniently located. And it was nice that they provide an area to wash off our dirty mountain bikes so we don't have to track a bunch of dirt into the room along with the bikes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Nampa, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Bowen Motel had the lowest online room rates I could find in the Moab area. I made reservations for two nights online though booking.com and received a conformation quickly to my email. Because it was such a low price compared to other places in town I was worried about the quality of the motel. My worries were unfounded.

When I went to check in my reservation had been screwed up and they only had me staying one night. Luckily I had printed the conformation email off and had it with me. After the front desk clerk checked my conformation email he started looking to fix the problem without me asking. He didn't have any king sized bed rooms available for two nights. The only room available which my girlfriend and I could keep for two nights was the family room. He made the changes and took care of the situation quickly and without me needing to say a word.

It was obvious the owners of the Motel are in the process of remodeling the rooms. There was a mix match of old temporary furniture and newer, much nicer furniture in our room. The bathroom had already been redone and was real nice. The rest of the room was defiantly in need of modernization but was still nice and clean.

The family room had a coffee maker, microwave, and refrigerator. For me the coolest part was what looked to be very new keyless entry locks. The room "key" was credit card sized and just needed to be waved near the door handle to unlock the door. That made it very easy to open the door when our hands were full of bags or souvenirs. The motel is right downtown and easy walking distance to all the downtown restaurants.

There were plenty of area travel guides and the other usually hotel magazines in the room. The local restaurant menu guide was really help fully but had been well used and was wrinkled like it had been wet. I felt like I needed to wash my hands after touching it. It was time to replace it.

All in all my girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay. It would have been nice to have a king size bed instead of the smaller beds in the family room but we were glad to not have to change rooms after our reservation was messed up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomaston, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Bowen is conveniently located to downtown Moab. The rooms are very clean, and two of the three people in the office were very nice and helpful. We did have two different rooms because we arrived a day early. I would recommend asking for a double queen room because, even though it is upstairs, it is much more spacious than the single queen. You walk around the corner for the 24-hour laundromat. Even though it is on the main street, we had no trouble with noise at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a double queen because of the size of the room.
Battlement Mesa, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We make frequent trips to Moab and used to stay at another motel. But since our last experience there was disappointing, I read up on the other motels on this site. We chose the Bowen Motel, and it did not disappoint! Our room was a two-queen on the second floor and it was so much larger and better appointed than the "other" motel. Clean, walking distance to most restaurants and shops; pool was warm and clean. My husband also noticed an outdoor area to wash bikes and motorcycles, with rags provided. Awesome! We'll be staying here from now on (and btw, it was the same price as the "other"!)

Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Spent 4 nights at the Bowen Motel in September and only have good things to say. Great location that was close to restaurants, coffee houses and the center of town. Clean rooms with all the amenities (frig, microwave, coffee, wi-fi, flat screen TV, comfy beds). Friendly staff and dog friendly rooms. Would definitely recommend this motel to anyone staying in beautiful Moab.

New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

So much better than expected. Was prepared for 'budget' accommodations, and was pleasantly surprised. Stayed in rm 202 king bed with large flat screen TV, small fridge & microwave & coffee maker & 2 recliners. Hubby thought he was home. Bathroom was updated & very clean, towels were newish & soft. Check-in was smooth, attendant friendly & helpful. Used AAA discount, so room was just over $100. A bargain in Moab. Very happy with stay at Bowen.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I started planning our trip to Moab 3 months in advance. We did all the research on hotels/motels/lodges, and this was one we were looking to book with. At the time, we were having trouble finding vacancies in Moab for our time frame. This one finally became available, so we booked it. The reviews were right on. It is clean, reasonably priced, has a friendly staff, and the location is excellent. We walked to everywhere in town, only having to drive to the parks (Arches, Canyonlands, and Dead Horse Point) and four-wheeling. They even have a filtered water sink in the lobby to refill your bottles, and a wash station for bikes and dogs. I would stay here again, and plan to in July of 2013.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bowen Motel? Share your experiences!