“rundown, unfriendly, small, small rooms” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Moab
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1089 North Main Street, Moab, UT 84532   |
Ranked #21 of 34 hotels in Moab
Olympia, Washington
“rundown, unfriendly, small, small rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

If you are looking for a place to crash, this could be it! but at $79.00 per nite very pricey. Said Free WiFi and it had no WiFi when we were there.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Grand Junction CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

Booked online $69.99 plus tax We have a small dog so we were limited in choices. Should have just slept in the car ! The desk clerks "friends ?" were drinking behind the counter. This should have been my first clue. The noise ECHOS. We were given room 106 just down the hall from the lobby. A child screamed (not a baby) for 30plus minutes each time several times during the night upstairs accross the hall. You could hear the occupant in the room next door snoring, and you could hear the conversations of the people above as well as accross the hall. Needless to say, we got absolutely NO SLEEP!! It did look clean though, BUT would never do it again !

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Oakland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

And here I thought October would be the off-season in Moab. No such luck. Thus, I am booked into the Motel 6.

I'm a regular Motel 6 user. I don't need anything fancy, I like the reliability of the chain, and I like the low price. However, the price for this room is FAR higher than that of any other Motel 6 I've ever stayed in: $90 for one person, with the tax. If I had known that this Motel 6 was going to be 'unreliable' when it came to price, I would definitely have made other plans.

A prime reason I went ahead and did it is that they advertise free wifi. The wifi, howvever, turns out to be just about worthless -- it's acting like it's extremely overloaded for the number of rooms they have. And they =do= have a large of rooms -- 3 floors. So I have been listening to every footfall in the room above. Thin floors.

I would ask for my money back and leave, but unfortunately the rest of Moab seems to be booked now also. So, come to Moab, expect some problems. I do expect to be able to sleep tonight; just wish that this place were quite a bit cheaper for the value received.

Stayed October 2008
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

Was on vacation road trip from Denver to Las Vegas and decided to book this motel because of the price. I will never everstay at another Motel 6 again. The room felt dirty. I was afraid to sleep on the bed. I had my own blanket I had brought for the plane ride so I slept with that. The air conditioner unit was very loud all night long. Curtain was haning off the rod. None of the Motel 6's have hair dryers so if you travel without one dont look for one here because there arent any. I stayed there for one night and that was enough if I had to stay another night I would have looked else where to stay. The town of Moab was very nice loved the town did not like the Motel.

• Liked — Did not like anyting about this place
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
Moranbah, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

A friend of ours living in the USA booked this hotel on the net for 2 couples to stay in one room (2 twin beds advertised).

The beds were TINY...I like sleeping with my husband....just not on my husband...

The aircon was extremely noisy and kicked in and out all night.

On the upside, everything was clean and the pool was great.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — Tiny room and bed
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

I've stayed in Moab a few times, and the Motel 6 is by far the worst place I've stayed in, and that includes sleeping in the back of my car.

I've passed this Motel 6 several times before, including when it was first built, and noticed that it was pricier compared to most Motel 6s, a chain I love. My room was almost 100 / night, granted it was during a busy weekend and high season. I stayed here because I booked late and most other places were fully booked. A big mistake on my part.

The front desk was by far the best and the only good thing about the motel / hotel. The staff were pleasant, helpful, nice. There were two noise problems with my room. (1) The walls were super thin and it was annoying despite an ok neighbor. (2) I received a room in which there was an air compressor or air conditioner, and when the thing goes off it was like living next to a power plant or something similarly hideous.

They also mix the non-smoking and smoking rooms on the same floor, and guess what, smoke gets in the halls! The room was clean, but there was a faint odor of mustiness, prob. from all the darn smoke.

It was an unpleasant experience I will avoid at all costs in the future.

• Liked — Location, staff
  • Disliked — Noise, smoke
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

Typical Motel6, nothing fancy but gets the job done. As one of the reviewer mentioned, it is a newer motel 6.
The room was a bit small but the bed and bath were clean. The price was reasonable and at par with the expectations from a budget motel.
If you just want to spend the night without the frills, this is a good motel.

One con I can think of is the placement of rooms. Though we had a non smoking room, it was right across the smoking rooms. Kind of defeated the purpose of getting a non-smoking room since we did feel the smoke creep in a little bit.
(the large group of college youths across us had kept their doors open).

• Stayed November 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Moab? Share your experiences!