“Peace & Quiet. Ahhhhh.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Moab
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Peace & Quiet. Ahhhhh.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

We recently stayed in a mountain view room for three nights. The room was really well decorated and definitely comfortable and extremely quiet. Our room looked out to the huge red rock peaks and we were only steps from the river's edge. We looked at other places to stay in the area and there really is no comparison except for cost. Sorrel River is more expensive, but worth it to us for it's amazing beauty. Very caring staff and tasty restaurant. The resort is close to some great hiking and is far from town, if you are looking for night life there is a bar in the lodge but it was pretty quiet during the time we stayed there. We didn't use the spa but hope to return soon for a longer stay and try it out.

• Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2006

My husband and I have visited Sorrel River Ranch Resort for the past two years to celebrate our anniversary and plan to do so every year that we are living in SLC. The staff is friendly and attentive. The food is hearty and haute. The rooms are beautifully decorated and quite cozy. Guests can take advantage of the spa services and exercise room. There is an abundance of natural beauty that surrounds the resort.

• Stayed February 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2006

Loved this place and would definitely stay again. Food in the restaurant is very good but expensive. We opted to buy some food in town and made use of the kitchen in our room, which was really cool and comfortable.

The staff is fantanstic - make no mistake about it. They made our stay personal, especially a manager named Brian.

Town is about a half hour away, which makes the resort isolated and very quiet. But if you are looking to go to any stores they are pretty far.

The best part of the resort is the layout with most rooms being in pods of four. I don't think there was anyone in any of the three attached to ours which was nice. Each four-pod was fairly far from the others with grassy areas in between to separate.

Be sure to hike a Fisher Tower just up the road - incredible - and of course Arches National Pk is close by too.

• Stayed March 2006
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2006

I had another opportunity to visit Sorrel River Ranch but this time in March. With snow still on the ground, the fireplace in our room was most inviting. In fact, I recommend B-4. It overlooks the river and has a wonderful wood-vaulted ceiling.

Breakfast is served on the ranch-side with a far view of the mountains. Dinner is served overlooking the Colorado River and mountains. The views don't get better than this! The food was delicious with very attentive waitstaff.

The resort has been busy during the winter. A new playground with plenty of room for little ones to swing, climb and slide has been added and a porte cochere was being built.

Think again, if you think the Moab area is just for summer. The weather was perfect for hiking and the National Parks were peaceful. When you can cuddle up in front of a fireplace and soak in a claw tub/spa at the end of the day, you'll see that Spring has its advantages.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2006

I found the scenery to be amazing. The views are outstanding. Unfortunately, a lot of the staff are quite cold and don't seem to want to be bothered. Not very good customer service.

I can't say enough about the beautiful landscape but don't expect much from the staff. The food is average but I'm sure that it's difficult to get fresh produce since it's somewhat isolated.

• Stayed July 2005
, Owner/Proprietor at Sorrel River Ranch Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2006
We consistently receive rave reviews regarding the friendliness, helpfulness and genuine warmth of our staff. Many our guests go out of their way to praise and thank our staff members. Year after year, repeat guests look forward to being welcomed back by their favorite staff members.

I stand behind my staff and invite this reviewer to contact me so that I can refund his/her stay in full as per our Satisfaction Guarantee.

It is interesting that we have never been taken up on this offer. If this reviewer actually did stay with us I invite him/her to be the first one to receive a full refund. I also invite all Trip Advisor users to contact me directly with any questions or doubts about the level of our service or amenities at our Resort. I am always available by phone or email.

Robert Levin
Owner/Proprietor
Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2006

Great place. Beautiful grounds, exquisite room, friendly, accommodating staff. Wasn’t sure what to expect, but it seems there’s really nothing like it in the area. Just a bunch of chains and cheap motels. The other place you could stay is the Red Cliffs Motel, which also has a nice location on the river. But if you want more luxury stay at Sorrell River Ranch. Our river side room was huge and a good value. You definitely get what you pay for. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2006

I cannot believe some of the last reviews! I have been a many time repeat guest (10+ times) to Sorrel River Ranch throughout my many visits to the Moab area over the last 5 years. I have **never** experienced (or witnessed) a situation that the staff did not go out of their way to bend over backwards to accommodate the guest, and smile while they did. I have met the entire management staff; all are very cordial and professional. Each always personally ensured that we were taken care of. And they could be reached at a moments notice if something was not right with our stay.
This is a 4-Diamond **Resort** here folks. Sure, you pay a bit higher rate than the competition, but, you are not only paying for incredible rooms (I highly recommend the Spa Suite!) surrounded by the most jaw dropping views imaginable; you are paying for superb, attentive service! Sorrel River Ranch provides incredible guest service. In my many travels, worldwide, good service is hard to find, it is readily available here in the USA at Sorrel River Ranch. I could not imagine the management would allow the services of a luxury resort to slip; ever.
I love tripadvisor, because they allow the "truth" to be heard about a hotel before spending your money on it. But I have noticed that many of the other hotels on this site get hammered with negative postings. Many seem very absurd and senseless (like the ones below). I am wondering if those negative postings are from real guests or not.
Anyways, If you are looking for the **truth** take it from me, a repeat guest,

Sorrel River Ranch Resort (and spa) is ***truly the #1 hotel in Moab.***

Accept no substitutes.
I think you all should take the advice from one of these postings, and go say hi; I think you will be astounded at the setting and the friendly service. Say hi to Matt for me.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Sorrel River Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!