I have only good things to say about this resort, and had it been priced fairly, at $4-$500/night, I might have give it 5 stars. However, we paid $779/night for our "family suite" (1 King bed and a kitchenette, with 2 queens in a loft above), and that's just too much. The furnishings, amenities, etc. were very nice, comparable to a $300 type of room, though some premium for the remote location would be appropriate.
Our room faced the river and the hills above, a truly pleasant, peaceful spot. We had breakfast twice and thought the service was excellent, the food decent. The bar was very nice, we had 2 great margaritas ($45), and played backgammon. The hotel was very helpful in suggesting and booking activities for us, including a river raft trip, a hike through the Fiery Furnace at Arches, and a Hummer tour, all of which I highly recommend. We also rented "Arctic Cat" 4 wheel drive vehicles and drove through Fins 'n Things trail - having not done it before, I found it really intense, a little scary, and a tremendous amount of adventurous fun (our 16 year olds were more comfortable than me).
All in all, if you need to stay at the nicest place near MOAB, this is probably it. If I myself were to come back, I might instead opt to camp out, save the $779/night and enjoy the same gorgeous landscape. Another option is the Winery up the road...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star resort in secluded location. Perfect for spa relaxation or base camp for an action-packed outdoor excursions. 55 Luxury suites and rooms with breathtaking private views of red rock mesas and the Colorado River. Special signature wellness, sports and arts programming takes advantage of close proximity to Canyonlands National Park and Arches National Parks as well as Moab, Utah state parks. Exciting adventures are at your doorstep with miles of trails for hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding, river rafting and kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, canyoneering, base jumping, hot air ballooning, motorcycling, Hummer(R) and ATV touring. Perfect for romantic weekends, family holidays, corporate retreats and photographs of a lifetime. Where Luxury Meets Adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Sorrel River Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sorrel River Ranch Hotel Moab
- Sorrel River Hotel
- Sorrel River Resort
- Sorrel River Ranch Resort Moab, Utah