Sorrel River Ranch (SRR) is spectacular. SRR is situated in one of the rare open plain areas surrounded by gorgeous red cliffs, mountains, buttes, canyons, and of course, the Colorado River. The River is so close that if you are not careful walking back to your room in the dark of night, you will fall in. The Colorado runs red in this portion due to the ubiquitous red sandstone, and sand, and provides a soothing backdrop for a remarkably relaxing stay. There are only about 50 rooms at the Resort, amply staffed by an international staff - many of whom are in their 20s and seem to be working for the summer. The atmosphere is both active - there are ample opportunities for guided or personal adventures (we opted for the later with some unbelievable hikes in nearby Arches National Park) including horseback riding (the ranch is right there, with horses stabled nearby), tennis, swimming, hiking, rafting and the rest. The evenings close up early, and the muted lighting enables an amazing view of the stars - although leads to the need for flashlights or lanterns to make your way about. The entire ambience is of a quiet sense of beauty and calm, buttressed by the enormity of the surrounding terrain. The restaurant is fresh and healthy, and we particularly liked the breakfast and vegetables - most grown on-site. Two caveats. First, be aware that some of the luxury rooms steps from the River are two story. We selected the bottom floor to have instant access to the River, but became aware of how audible our upstairs neighbors were in the morning, or when a new renter arrived, with a small dog. The staff was most accommodating to our concerns about noise and moved us to a smaller room looking at the mountains - but with no upstairs neighbors. We plan to go back, and will make sure we are in a one-story unit, or book the upstairs room. Second, be aware that you are a decent distance from Moab, probably a 20-30 minute drive. Many of your meals will therefore be at the Restaurant at the Ranch, which is both delicious and expensive. I would suggest a few down-scale items and some greater variety in the selection. Mostly, though, these are comments that should not deter you from enjoying one of our favorite stops in the West.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star resort in secluded location. Perfect for spa relaxation or base camp for an action-packed outdoor excursions. 55 Luxury suites and rooms with breathtaking private views of red rock mesas and the Colorado River. Special signature wellness, sports and arts programming takes advantage of close proximity to Canyonlands National Park and Arches National Parks as well as Moab, Utah state parks. Exciting adventures are at your doorstep with miles of trails for hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding, river rafting and kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, canyoneering, base jumping, hot air ballooning, motorcycling, Hummer(R) and ATV touring. Perfect for romantic weekends, family holidays, corporate retreats and photographs of a lifetime. Where Luxury Meets Adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Sorrel River Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sorrel River Ranch Hotel Moab
- Sorrel River Hotel
- Sorrel River Resort
- Sorrel River Ranch Resort Moab, Utah