“Upmarket and a free breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moab
Riverside Inn
You added Riverside Inn to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   988 North Main Street, Moab, UT 84532 (Formerly Best Inn Moab)   |
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Upmarket and a free breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is located on the outskirts of the town. It has a small swimming pool and a jacuzzi. It provides an excellent continental breakfast. It has quite an up-market feel.
I had a king-size bed in my room, a TV, a small fridge, a circular table with two chairs and two bedside cabinets. The bathroom was really large with a bath/shower, but strangely the washbasin was not in the bathroom, but in the main bedroom.
Although I was only here for one night, I enjoyed my stay and would stay again there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cabool, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stay at the Riverside Inn, any time that we are in Moab, and have never had a bad experience. We had a large king room on top floor, nice bathroom with vanity on the inside, plenty of plush white towels, good bed and pillows.
Pros - Clean rooms, good bedding and towels, great breakfast with fresh cut melon (watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe), large moist muffins, pastries, donuts, cereal, breads, juice and coffee.
Cons - The clerk that checked us in was not interested in making us comfortable, she was more into the reading material on her desk, but the later desk clerk, located us a coffee pot with sufficient coffee, (the room did not have one, and breakfast was not until 6:30).
Small old fashioned TV, Vanity on inside of bathroom.
Will stay again when in Moab.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side are quieter, away from the road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gilmer, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was expecting much worse but was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and appeared to be recently remodeled. Breakfast was good. They did advertise Wi-Fi which was not working at the time of my stay. The desk staff could have been more cordial but overall it was good for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Colby, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I had reservations for 2 nights at the Riverside Inn. We stayed the first night, and the property was acceptable, but old, and the breakfast was stale toast and cereal, and they were out of coffee 30 min. after it started. Be prepared to get your own breakfast. But that is not the worst of this place.
After the first night, we were told to leave our keys at the front when we left for the day because the guy wasn't sure if we would need to change our room. We had made reservations 2 weeks earlier, and had our receipt, so we were not at all suspicious. After a day of exploring Canyonlands National Park, we got back around 8 pm and when we went to the desk to get our new key (or old one, who knows?) the guy said we had no reservation. We were shocked, and he demanded we show a receipt, which we had in the car. When we produced that, he said we didn't check in on time, and so he resold our room, and didn't charge us. I called his bluff after 15 minutes of my husband and I talking to the Asian manager, who, when I started calling the credit card company to see what he HAD charged us for the day before (printed the reciept and admitted he had charged us for 2 nights. I started calling all the places I could in town, and everyone was full. He said we would get no refund and would have to drive to the nearest place that had a room, 55 miles away. I said that was unacceptable, and asked that he call the cops. Then he got really nervous. Turns out he had already called the cops because my husband was being threatening to him. I was so happy with how the Moab police department came and assisted us, because this man is a rip-off artist, and had we just said okay and left, he would've charged our card for 2 nights, and still filled the room with another reservation (who knows how much he charged those people for our room since the town was full by then).
The cops asked that he call Monticello to see if there was a place to stay there, and he refused, so get this, the cops all got on their phones and found us a room in town--a last-minute cancellation. Imagine, the cops having to call around and make reservations. After standing there and looking like a deer caught in the headlights (more like a thief disguised as a hotel manager) he offered to give us a full refund. So we took it and left. What is strange also is that the police seemed annoyed by this guy, like this was not the first time.
My point is this. If you want to stay here, keep your reciepts, make sure you have proof of all your reservations, and if this guy tries to cheat you, call the police and call him on it. It seemed like he had done this before and just expected us to walk off and say it was all okay. But we stood our ground, calmly explained ourselves, and when he was proven wrong and a liar, we relied on the cops, and I am just so grateful for the kind help and assistance and great attitudes of the Moab Police Department.
We were hot, dirty, exhausted and shelterless for the night, and the Moab Police Department helped make it right and call a thief on his tricks.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Bighorn Lodge, more pricey, but this town is not cheap. It was a very clean and pre...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Though this hotel was relatively clean, the linens were old and worn, the smell of smoke lingers in the hallway, and the worst part was the service provided by the owner which was abysmal. The man behind the counter who stated he was the owner was unbelievably rude. My father is 78, and when my mother merely asked about either a senior discount or AAA discount, he told her "Go, you go," and gestured for her to get out. He told us if we had a problem to get out or he would call the police. We only stayed because all the other places were full, and we had no other place to go. Now we know why. I would never recommend this place to anyone, as customer service this poor should never be rewarded. The price was lower than other places by a few dollars, but to treat customers with this degree of contempt and hostility is the opposite of the hospitality that travelers should expect. Stay away from this place, and maybe someone who knows how to treat people with friendliness and kindness can take it over instead.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Progreso, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a 4 star budget hotel, which for means the price is $70 or less.

The room was clean and relatively large. Beds were comfortable. Small fridge and wi-fi provided with a microwave available in the hall way. There was a full continental breakfast with included cereal. Staff was quiet and pleasant.

Upgrade suggested: New towels.

Otherwise a good nights rest.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The positive Tripadvisor reviews I am reading must have been written by the owner. If he is the Asian gentleman manning the reception desk, they definitely need a replacement that has a little personality. He has to be the rudest, most unaccommodating person I have ever encountered. The price was certainly right at almost 1/2 the price of everybody else in town but I guess you get what you pay for! The rooms are in desperate need of some TLC, especially the bathroom. The mirror had not been cleaned in who knows how long and had water spots all over it. The bath tub looked pretty gross and I would definitely limit usage to showers. The best thing about the room is the free wireless internet. There is a small fridge in the unit that was absolutely filthy and infested with mould.

Then next day we were checking out and I am assuming I was dealing with the owner's wife, even more rude than her husband. She was the coldest, most unfriendly person I have ever encountered, refusing to make eye contact. If this husband & wife combo keep up this bad attitude, bad service and bad accommodation, they will certainly drive most of their clientele to their competitors. The town was buzzing with no vacancy signs at most hotels. There was lots of availability at The Riverside Inn!

I would strongly suggest they seek another line of work that doesn't include dealing with the public. My advice is pay a few $$bucks more and look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riverside Inn? Share your experiences!