“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hauer Ranch

Hauer Ranch
PO Box 696, Moab, UT 84532 (Formerly Back Country Mules)
435-259-8015
Improve this listing
Saratoga Springs, Utah
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I were met with a very warm country heart felt welcome. Jeremy (our guide) was excellent and kept us entertained during our 2 1/2 hour trek. We will be highly recommending Hauer Ranch to anyone who is looking for a great getaway.

Visited February 2014

Zurich, Switzerland
22 attraction reviews
“ride in the lonelyness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great experience. Since we (My girlfriend and I) went riding in January, we were in a group of only us and our guide (Jeremy, good guide). Even if the temeratures were very low, because of the sun it was warm enough. But even if it was colder, they provide clothes, if you have not appropriate clothings (at least a few pairs of gloves and some jackets... better ask in advance, if you need something). Of course they offer these tours not just for fun, they want to earn money with it, but even though, it was not too commercial. The tour takes around two hours, but if you would like to ride longer, we were offered to take this chance. I think these people like the animals and their job. And last but not least, it is a great scenery to ride!

Visited January 2014
6 attraction reviews
“Sensational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Had the greatest day, went on a 2 1/2 hour ride from the ranch which is located 21 miles from Moab, on the banks of the Colarado River.
I went on the ride with the greatest host who was informative and great company, the horse was great and we got on well. Travelled through some amazing country. If you want to enjoy a great ride I strongly recommend this operation.

Visited January 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Fantastic winter trail ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I loved everything about our trail ride! The views were amazing, our horses were sound, and our trail guide was super personable! They are the only trail ride service that goes out in the winter so I was so glad we found them. We did the half day ride which was about 2 1/2 hours.

Visited December 2013
Golden, Colorado
“Hauer Guest Ranch & Trailrides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had the pleasure of not only having a trail ride at the Hauer Ranch but also staying at the Rockhouse. The ranch has three separate houses as accomodations, Rockhouse, Guest House and Riverhouse. My wife and I stayed in the Guest House for Thanksgiving 2012. We returned this year with my parents and stayed at the Rockhouse (recently completed rennovations in 2013). Both years we were able to ride through Castle Valley on trail rides. I'll write a separate review of the accomodations and include the trail rides below.

Overall - the location is just truly stunning. My wife and I have been to Moab approx. 10-12 times now and driving down Highway 128 upon arrival is a highlight every single time. Being able to stay in Castle Valley is just gorgeous. The ranch is one of only a handful of properties in all of Castle Valley and you cannot beat the views from anywhere on the ranch/at the houses (even the small basement window at the Rock House has a view of the Priests & Nuns (rock formations).

Trail rides - two years in a row we had great rides. The first year was just my wife and I and our guide (Chance) which they arranged for us staying at the property. I rode Nino which was perfect for my first ever trail ride. Chance was great in accomodating two people who had never ridden and other than the first few butterflies it was a relaxing and great ride. This year, we went with 4, including my wife, both my parents and I. This again included two people who have never ridden before and Jeremey our guide was just as great of making us as comfortable as possible. He was also nice enough to take us on a different trail ride (of which there is a never ending supply) because he knew we went on a certain ride the year before. He explained the area, helped us with the horses, gladly took pictures for us and had a great combination of leading/guiding/describing the area and letting us take it all in ourselves. This year I rode Rowdy (not an entirely accurate name as he was a great companion), my wife rode Sassie (similar comment), my mom rode Nino this year and she enjoyed Nino as much as I did the year before and my dad rode Atlas (a great relaxed horse who let you really enjoy the views and rarely had to think about "handling" him).

Visited November 2013

Been to Hauer Ranch? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Hauer Ranch, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.