“Shockingly good for landlocked desert town” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian fusion, Vegan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Layton, Utah
“Shockingly good for landlocked desert town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

They say the fish is flown in daily and I believe them. The quality of the fish was excellent. The preparation and presentation was top notch. The sushi rolls are large; we ordered too much. The special cocktail of the evening was so enjoyable, I had to have another.

The waitress was very efficient and friendly. There was a crowd in the restaurant and more lined up outside. The restaurant was noisy at a result. You will find out why people are willing to wait outside -- the food is exceptional.

The price was higher than we would pay in a big city, but that is to be expected in this remote location.

Visited November 2012

Moab, Utah
“Best Sushi in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

It's the only sushi place in town but that's not why it's the best. The fish is fresh, the chefs are creative and it has great ambiance.

Visited October 2012
New York
“Good Sushi in the Dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Being from NYC I was surprised when I found out there was sushi in Moab. When the sushi chef told me the fish was flown in from Hawaii it made more sense. It isn't as good as some of the sushi places in New York, but was way better than no sushi at all!

The rolls are awesome and super creative, but the sashimi is way over priced for what you get. The Saki selection is great, (I had a flight of 4) and the cocktails are super tasty. The Poke and the Elk are must try apps.

The music is eclectic jazz and weird jam band stuff. Not a huge fan, but after a few drinks I could dial it out. The place is small, so be sure to get there early. It went from busy to crowded right at 7.

Overall a great experience, I would definitely go back. My 4 would go to a five if on my next trip they had more consistent pricing and they turn off the jam band music!

Visited November 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Friendly place with lots to choose from”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am hardly qualified to judge the food, since this was my first sushi experience, but I had a good time and enjoyed my meal, chopsticks and all. I had the assorted nigiri, the devil's garden roll, and a beer. (When in doubt, order a medley and/or something spicy, is my motto.) The tab before tip was $39. I sat at the bar and chatted with one of the chef's (there were 4 or 5, all really busy), who looked about 25 but said he's been doing this for over 10 years and trained on the West Coast. Although the place was packed, the hostess took good care of me.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Amazing sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is one of the best sushi restaurants that I have been to... ever! They have such fresh food and you can tell they really have a passion for what they do! Great food!

Visited July 2012