“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 83 Activities in Moab
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: For THE adventure of a lifetime, come join your professional FAA pilot Lou Bartell for a hot air balloon ride over the Canyonlands in Moab, Utah. Imagine ascending to greet the sunrise as you drift among geologic wonders that were being created when dinosaurs roamed the earth. The fragile sandstone of Arches National Park and precarious rock towers drift past, each one defying gravity with you. Your trip to Moab would not be complete without flying with us on this unique and unforgettable balloon adventure. The whole family is welcome. Enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity... in the safety of the latest "state of the art" equipment. No two flights are ever the same. Most guests, ranging in ages from from 95 to 5, tell us it's their most memorable event of their vacation. Come fly with us at Canyonlands Ballooning for your hot air balloon adventure.
North Little Rock, Arkansas
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went on the last flight of the season on Nov. 12th. From booking to the landing of the balloon, it was a good experience. The owner / pilot and his wife were both relaxed, easy to communicate with and made the experience fantastic. We dipped down into a canyon on the flight (picture posted), which was a trip. The landing was smooth yet exciting and the ground crew was there when we landed. We would do it again if the opportunity arises. Fantastic, thanks Canyonland Ballooning!!

Visited November 2013

Herndon, Virginia
“Arches closed by Gov. Shutdown, but we sailed over it by Balloon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

On October 1, 2013, the federal government shutdown and access to Arches National Park was closed. We called Canyonlands Ballooning on October 3, and to our surprise and luck, were able to get on a tour for Friday (10/4). We arrived at the meeting place and everyone showed up on time. There was ample parking and safe. The sun was rising, which gave us a nice view to start the day. After a 20 minute ride in a Canyonlands van, we arrived at the at the balloon. It was already laid out and being filled. Instructions were given and off we went. We flew out over the edge of Arches and viewed clouds (fog) rolling in over the park. Lou indicated that this was unusual to see and we enjoyed it. He rotated the balloon around so that everyone had opportunity to see every angle of the view and take many photos. He was able to go up to move us out by Arches, and then lower to the ground where the wind was blowing the opposite direction. In this way we were able to fly back closer to our departure point and upon landing were quickly met by the ground crew. Lou pulled out some wine glasses and told a short story followed by a nice toast. It was a very enjoyable experience and I would recommend. Note that the winds were light for our flight. On windy days, they sometimes are unable to go and have to cancel - safety being first priority.

Visited October 2013
Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“Experience Of A Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Today I took my first ballon trip, I was a bit apprehensive and worried due to a slight fear of heights I have. The meet up point was very convenient with access to a port a potty prior to climbing into the van that brings you to the balloon launch site, the van driver(ugh can't remember his name) has an amazing live love life, play and be happy attitude which sets the tone for the whole experience. It was interesting to watch the crew set up and inflate the balloon, it was like watching a well orchestrated band with the owner/pilot Lou the conductor. The lift was heart thumping but once I was high in the sky I was able to get over my fears and enjoy the beautiful serene landscape. I spotted a few rabbits, lizards and small desert rodents. We were at the mercy of Mother Nature and she had her own plans for us in the manner of the wind, Lou our trusty captain was able to sail us to a soft sandy bank to land after a few attempts. I always felt safe. I had an amazing time and didn't mind spending the extra cash on an activity that was truly a once in a lifetime experience.

Visited November 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Oh. My. God. Awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was an experience-of-a-lifetime. It was on my life list, though I put it off because I have a fear of heights and a bit of a fear of flying. BUT I WAS NOT SCARED IN THE LEAST. Lou was our pilot and I trusted him immediately. This experience is not to be missed.

Visited October 2013
Georgia, USA
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

First time for my family (me, the wife and two kids) in a hot air balloon and we absolutely loved it. Ballooning is a great experience by itself, but then add the truly remarkable and stunning scenery and you have the ingredients for a lifetime memory. Lou and the crew were great. We had beautiful clear skies on a cool early October morning. As a bonus, our trip may have been a little longer than average (about an hour and forty five minute flight). Ground crew was already there and met us with celebratory Champagne. Just do this trip, I'm glad we did.

Visited September 2013