“First time I've not tipped since being in America. TERRIBLE.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Whangarei, New Zealand
“First time I've not tipped since being in America. TERRIBLE.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Don't eat here.
After a long day hiking in Arches we stopped here for dinner. On a budget it's rare we treat ourselves to a meal out but we were so exhausted we didn't want to cook. We got there and were placed at a table right by the door despite there being loads more free. We were then served by another waitress (neither of them introduced themselves just seemed in a massive rush to get us seen to). They had run out of chips so we got salad which came out way before our main and we'd finished by the time the meal came which was supposed to accompany it. Whilst eating our salads the two waiting staff had an argument by the front door in front of all the customers which was unbelievably unprofessional in my opinion.
Main came out and was STONE COLD. Sent it back to have it reheated and eventually when it came back we forced it down. We had ordered garlic bread to accompany but this had come out between salads and main so had been finished. We ordered it all for the same time and it came in three rounds. Not what we wanted at all. We had veggie calzone. The veg was raw and the dough as stodgy as it gets. It really wasn't good. There was also next to no garlic in the garlic bread. Just tasted like hot bread with spread on.
We asked for more water and never got it. We asked for the bill and never got it. A table of 6 gents got up and left 2 mins after being seated having witnessed the row between waiting staff.
I eventually went up to the bar to ask to pay and was told she was busy. She didn't even turn to tell me just shouted over her shoulder and waved her hand at me. When I eventually got the bill I did not pay the 20% tip which is usually 'included for the benefit of International guests' (what an insult).
This truly was a shocking experience! Never again! I wish I could give it less than 1 star.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

27% Recommend
San Francisco
“For Big Appetites”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

A homey restaurant with no pretensions. Service was friendly and portions of pasta were huge. Prices were moderate. Well-located downtown so you can walk there from many hotels. Good place if you hanker for pasta and are very hungry.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mascouche, Canada
“very good choice for a gerat dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We ate at this restaurant after a very long trail day and we were very satisfied of our choice. The portion were very big and the food was excellent. The waitress was also very great.

Visited March 2012
Nampa, Idaho
“Best alfredo sauce I have had.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My girlfriend and I picked it mainly because we wanted Italian pasta and its menu seemed to be cheaper than most restaurants in Moab. We were seated quickly and our waitress was very nice and made sure our water glasses were always full. My girlfriend thought the whole restaurant's decor was really cute. We ordered and our food was brought out quickly and was served still steaming hot. Despite being the cheapest place the portions were very large. We both got pasta with alfredo sauce and we both agreed it was the best sauce we have ever tasted. It was very tempting to go back the next night!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City
“An unmitigated disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The greeter was surly from the beginning. The front door had its lower panel missing, and there was no soap in the rest room. This was a foretaste of worse to come. The marsala sauce tasted of teriyaki, and the chicken in the penne+ gorgonzola sauce was very tough. Even worse, the Chianti wine we ordered was undrinkable. When we pointed this out, and asked the server to taste it himself, he adopted an extremely confrontational attitude, demanded we conduct a blind taste test, and when we refused, threatened to report us to the police. They charged us the full price, $60 for poor food, undrinkable wine, and awful service. We left our full plates, paid the $60 (under duress), and got out of there. A truly ghastly experience - the worst I have ever experienced.

Visited August 2012