“Trrible” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   426 North Main St., Moab, UT 84532   |
Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Moab
“Trrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This place is horrible. The guy at the front desk is very rude and unprofessional. Booked two rooms one which was handicapped only to arrive to no handicapped room available. His response was to blame it on us for not booking it. Please pass this place up!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Altogether terrible. The worst customer service I have ever seen, honestly. Unpleasant rooms, bad atmosphere, everything outdated and only relatively clean. Awful views, junk outside the window, broken phone, badly leaking AC and no reactions to reported problems. Needless to say, I am very much looking forward to my breakfast tomorrow... I must have been out of my mind when I was booking this place... - I saw the reviews after all...

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here for 4 days in August. Not the greatest hotel in the world but it's a good location, the beds were comfortable, the buffet breakfast was adequate and the air con worked. The guy on reception who is getting all the grief in these reviews could perhaps benefit from some customer relations training, but both times we asked for his help (with a locked bathroom door, and a new lightbulb) it was provided very promptly. There's a pool in the parking lot and a view of the mountains from the bedroom. No complaints.

Room Tip: Ground floor likely to be affected parking lot and road noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Heber Springs, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

As we arrived in Moab one of last places to stay a double bed room was $160. Trash in room was not changed. Linens were not changed. And front desk man was rude. Should.have bought a tent and sleeping bags and stayed in National Park.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived the woman at the front desk wasn't there so we had to wait couple of minutes,which would be no problem if she wasn't so unwelcoming.one ridiculous thing that we have never seen in any other hotel was that we had to give the key back after openning the door.After putting out bags back in the room ,we went to give her the keys,but she was gone again and we ha to wait again.We left somewhere after giving her the keys and when got back there was another lady at the front desk and she wasn't even informed that we left the key over there.After looking for the key for a while she found it and gave it back.Overall the room was clean,but it smelled bad.The wifi didn't work that night,but they had really nice breakfast with waffles.The best part about this hotel was talking crap about it after we left and it was really funny to read other bad reviews.

Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel while on vacation with his parents. His father booked the room for us. When we walked into the room it smelled terrible. We were in a hurry to get to Arches, so we dropped our stuff and left the window open and the fans on and hoped that the smell would clear out by the time we got back. Three hours later we returned to the same smell. It smelled like an animal had died in our room. I called the front desk and asked to be switched to another room and the manager told me they were all full and there was nothing he could do. I told him it smelled like an animal had died in the room and he laughed at me. I asked to be compensated for the room and he said he was already giving me a great rate and that he couldn't give me my money back. I asked him to come up to the room and smell the room and at least bring an air freshener up and he told me I could come down to the desk and get it myself. I called corporate office but they were closed for the night, so I will be trying again in the morning. The only reason we haven't moved to another hotel is because we do not want to offend my boyfriends parents. I have never received such terrible customer service from a hotel - do NOT recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ABHotels, Sales & Mktg. Rep. at Days Inn Moab, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Melisa F,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are committed to providing our guest with the utmost customer service!

We are sorry to hear of your recent disappointment, upper management has been notified and the following steps have been taken:

-We are providing our hotel staff with extra customer service training, in order to educate our staff on the importance of customer service.

-We are inspecting all our rooms to detect the odor you mention and get rid of it

Corporate office is alway available to answer any ouf our guest questions or concerns! If there is anything we can do for you please feel free to send me an e-mail.

Thank you for writing us a review, your review is ver much appreciated!

Ana
Camparada, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have been in others Days but this was our first time in Moab!
This Days Inn is in a good location.
It's a comfortable place where you can find what you need : a small fridge, a micro-wave, tv, free wi-fi and the hair-dryer!
For breakfast you can have muffins, waffels, juices, bagels with cream cheese or jam, coffee or a french cappuccino!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ABHotels, Sales & Mktg Representative at Days Inn Moab, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear ettele,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience, we enjoyed having you as our guest! We are very happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations, as we are highly committed to providing our guest with the utmost customer service.

We hope that in your return visit to Moab you will once again choose to stay with us!

Ana

Been to Days Inn Moab? Share your experiences!