“Go somewhere else ....” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Miami
“Go somewhere else ....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We had a reservation in this hotel. We called the day we should had checked-in to make sure we had the crib for our baby as we asked on the special request.
The people on duty this day told us that he didn't get our request .... ok, that may happens. Could he add it now ? No, he can't because all the cribs were already use .... So, what we gonna do for our baby ? "I don't know" he told us. We asked to speak the manager ... he WAS the manager ... omg.
After several minutes of argums, we finaly canceled our reservation because it was no way to find an arrangment, and the staff was really rude and not friendly, didn't want to find a way to help us at all, and finaly said it was our fault ... Was it a dream ?

And after reading the other Reviews, we are glade we didn't sleep there at the end.

There is plenty of others hotels in this area ...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

What didn't go wrong? Okay, there was ONE positive - WiFi in room. The manager wasn't friendly. When we asked if there was a cafe in town with WiFi he laughed at us and said, "This is a tourist town." In fact there are a few places that serve coffee and offer WiFi. He was proud to offer a FREE newspaper. Yipee. The bed was as hard a the red rocks that surround this hotel. If the handle wasn't jiggled, the toilet ran constantly. We had to haggle the manager into a late check out, and we've never had do this before at any hotel. He finally agreed to 1/2 hour extra. The next morning at 9AM someone walked into our room, and quickly went back out. We assume it was the housekeeper, as we could hear them chatting loudly in the hallway - P.S. the walls are on the think side. At the normal check out time the housekeeper actually knocked, and proceeded to tell me that I needed to leave as check out is at 11:00. I told her that we spoke to the manager the night before and he had agreed to 11:30, adding that we would soon be on our way.
They made efforts to paint the room in a modern color, but failed to take anything off the wall when they did so, leaving white lines all around the room. There was a nice Vizio t.v., only problem was that the channel i wanted to watch (which was labeled in the channel guide) was not available. Yet they failed to update the headboard, it was worn on the back like thousands of heads had rested right where I wanted to place mine.
All in all, not a good experience. And like I said, if this is Days Inn, I think Motel 6 is looking much better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hackensack, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located close to Arches National Park, about 3-5 miles away. There are plenty of restaurants and food stores nearby. The rooms are regular and amenities are quite good. There is wireless internet available in all the rooms and commons spaces and the breakfast is decent. This is a good budget hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Philly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Curry smell was remarkable! Also stayed here during Jeep Safari weekend, so not sure if this is a common phenomenon or not, but certainly the most memorable. It is just a motel, down at the heels and in need of an upgrade but comfortable enough just to spend the night. Coffee is no good, and the main thing it has going for it is its ideal location. A good budget choice just for a night's sleep but I wouldn't make it my base of operations.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
park city UT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Basically this place is just and OK spot to crash for the night in Moab, particularly if you arrive late and really just need a bed before going off and doing whatever activity you're in town for the next day. There is nothing special about the hotel, the rooms, or the location. The main thing it has going for it is that it is often the cheapest place on Main Street to stay and so if that's what you're looking for, it's a good choice. However, if you want a nice place to hang for a few nights I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Magna, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed here during the Easter Jeep Safari, and it was a last minute booking.
Upon entry to the lobby, I was "greeted" with an extremely strong odor of curry. I dont know if there was cooking going on somewhere in the hotel, but that would be the only explanation I could think of for how overpowering the smell was. As far as I could tell, the breakfast room was the only food prep area in the hotel, and it was long closed by the time I arrived. This may not bother some people, but I found it quite unpleasant that every common area inside the hotel was affected (and stayed that way for my entire trip).
Inside the room was about what you would expect from a standard motel room. It was definitely in need of updating however. The furnishings, carpeting, and fixtures are all well worn. The one bright side was the brand new flat screen tv. The bathroom was adequate, with the exception of the tub. There is a cheap plastic tub and wall surround, which was very noisy when you stepped inside. The seams around the tub werre also extremely dirty/black. Mold perhaps? The bed was just ok. Not very comfortable, but served its purpose after a day on the trails.
Overall the property seemed to be fairly well kept, but is in need of some cosmetic work/upkeep. There were broken tiles in the back entry-way, and small things like that. One thing I noticed that kind of grossed me out is that they re-used the little paper room card holders. The one I got looked like it had spent who knows how long sitting in the pockets of who knows how many different travelers...Something to think about...

Overall, this was a tollerable stay, but I will definitely not be staying here again. Period. I will spend the extra money and stay at one of the nicer properties in town.

Room Tip: Skip it. Spend a little more $$$ and stay in one of the nicer/newer properties in Moab.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Orem, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

The Hotel location is excellent, the Room was clean and well maintaining but I hope they will put one more table night in both side of the bed. I'll suggest them to make sure the toilet did not flushing automatically every 40 minutes at night . Some Customers have very light sleep habit and it is not normal to have a toilet flushing at night automatically. Over all, my stay at this hotel was good and the fare was acceptable

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
super8BYU, Sales & Mktg. Rep. at Days Inn Moab, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear Joseph Ernst M.

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest at our hotel! Thank you for bringing to our attention the minor repairs that need to be made, maintanence repairs will be made.

Ana

Been to Days Inn Moab? Share your experiences!