“Laurel Lodge is Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Laurel Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
Laurel Lodge
You added Laurel Lodge to your Saves list
PO Box 1011, PO Box 1011, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Washington
“Laurel Lodge is Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

The restored Arts & Crafts home is beautiful. The view of the Potomac River is perfect. Chris' cooking is incredible. The rooms are romantic and well appointed. And the lodge is only a short walk from the train station in Harper's Ferry. We cannot recommend Laurel Lodge highly enough.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

A spur of the moment decision to ditch DC for a weekend caused me to start calling B & B's in Harper's Ferry. Thank goodness Laurel Lodge had a room. The host was gracious, flexible, and incredibly kind to allow a single traveler to spontaneously crash in the beautiful 1930s inspired camp room. Best parts were the peaceful surroundings, cookies that greeted me upon arrival, greek yoghurt feast for breakfast and house tour. The current owners show an evident love and care for this unique and historic house complete with Civil War relics and family stories of how the home fit into Harper Ferry history. Well worth it! I'll come again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I recommend this bread & breakfast. This was our first overnight stay in Harpers Ferry, and we're glad we stayed here. This B&B was immaculate, the inn owner was very nice and accommodating. He also gave us helpful advice to see the sites around town.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed one night at Laurel Lodge as part of a long road trip.
The view of the Blue Ridge Mountains and river from the Cedar room was marvelous.
Our host was very gracious. The room, although sparsely and simply furnished, was most veru fine. The bed was extremely comfy. The breakfast was amazing--pumpkin waffles--perfect for a Fall visit. We would definitely recommend this B and B.. The only drawback, as a light sleeper, I was awakened a number of times by the sound of the train passing by in the valley below, during the night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Perfect get away. The lodge is beautiful. The view off the back porch..amazing!!
Chris is an amazing host. He made us a wonderful breakfast and was so helpful with
information about Harper's Ferry and what to see. Bring you walking shoes!!
You won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

The lodge is in upper Harpers Ferry at the end of a quiet street. It overlooks the Potomac river and the views from the back porch are wonderful. The lodge was recently renovated and very comfortable. Our maple view room was large, quiet and very comfortable. The inn keeper/ owners could not have been nicer or more helpful. They live on the property. If you havent stayed in a bed or breakfast before, on site property owners make a lot of difference in my opinion. I have stayed at places with hired managers and you just dont get the same level of care as when the owners are there.
The breakfast was wonderful, focused on local foods and included the b est strawberry smoothie I have ever had. It is a steep but not very long walk to lower town and the historical sights. Plus take your bug spray as Harpers Ferry is the buggiest place I have ever been. There is lots to do and see and wonderful for hiking and biking.
My husband and I have stayed in probably a dozen different bed and breakfasts all over the US and I would rate Laurel Lodge as the absolute expereince I have ever had.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I’m struggling with adding to the superlatives already expressed in the previous postings, but here goes;
My son and I were on a road trip and sadly unable to stay more than one night. Oh how I wish we could have reserved more days at the superb Laurel Lodge. During our journey through the Eastern States, we stayed at a number of B&B’s and high end Hotels but our one night here was the accommodation highlight of our trip.
Laurel Lodge has been expertly renovated with discerning taste that sets the benchmark for how a B&B should be presented. The premises are absolutely immaculate, furnished with understated but beautifully made Objets D’art that had a local theme.
We had the twin Walnut Room which was spacious and spotlessly clean. During the extremely informative introduction by Chris we were taken to the rear veranda and my goodness how it took our breath away. The views were unbelievable over the valley. In fact we encamped there in the evening with a few beers and I fell asleep in the rocking chair as my heart rate must have dropped 25% from its norm!!!
The breakfast was such a delight, which was made all the more pleasurable by Chris knowing the true provenance of every ingredient served to us. It was a breakfast a top hotel would have difficulty in emulating.
My wife and I will be travelling to the States soon and I’ll insist on a detour to the West Virginia region so she too can experience the delights Laurel Lodge has to offer. Only next time for more days!!!
If you are able to regularly holiday in the region and need to unwind you will not be disappointed with Laurel Lodge, in fact I guarantee you’ll repeat book before you leave.

• Stayed May 2010

Been to Laurel Lodge? Share your experiences!