“Fabulous View, Great experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
280 Henry Clay Street, PO Box 681, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425 (Formerly The Ledge House & Canal House)   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Charleston, West Virginia
“Fabulous View, Great experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Ledge House two nights in Room One, a suite opening onto the deck with a view of the Potomac gorge and train tunnel. The view was to die for. The large queen/king was very comfortable. The place is a work in progress but everything was satisfactory. The landscaping is in construction but there are many fig bushes and hydrangeas and lillies in bloom, The food was great, consisting of sauage, a baked good, eggs and potatoes, with juice and fruit. The owners were welcoming and laid back You heard the trains at night, a plus as far as I was concerned. Only a short walk down the hill to the historic district, and a few blocks on top of the hill to any historic black college. There was a graveyard immediately adjacent on top of the hill, and except for the training and lawn maintenance, it was quiet. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Ledge House to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. This was our first time staying overnight in Harper's Ferry. It was a lovely time! The Ledge House is beautiful, and it has spectacular views of the Blue Ridge mountains and confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers. The owners of the Ledge House, Carrie and Chad, are both super cool & super nice, and they gave us total privacy.

Greg and I were able to book Suite 3. It was very affordable and very nice. We didn't have a bathroom attached to the bedroom, but we had a private bathroom in the hallway right next to our room. The room has hardwood floors, nice cool air, a large and comfy bed, a cozy chair, and a TV. It was perfect for our weekend stay. We checked out Suite 1 and Suite 2 before we left, and they were both very large and had their own bathrooms. Our room was definitely the smallest, but like I said, it was perfect for us.

Brittany, who was also super cool & super nice, made breakfast at 9 each morning. The breakfast was amazing. Greg described it as "top notch," and I have to agree. I was thinking about the breakfast I would get to eat on Sunday morning on Saturday afternoon!

The location of the Ledge House can't be beat. It is centrally located in town and you can walk to the restaurants, historic buildings, hiking trails, and other attractions. We walked to the Canal House Café for a great diner on Saturday night and we walked to the trails on Sunday morning for a 5-mile hike. We also were able to bike from the Ledge House to Millsville (about 5 miles away) where we left our inflatable kayak & then we white water kayaked back to Harper's Ferry! It was awesome!

Greg and I had such a good time visiting Harper's Ferry and we loved staying at the Ledge House. We will definitely be coming back in June 2014 to celebrate our next anniversary!

*I would like to say that no matter where you stay, especially when you are paying money, it is easy to find little things that are wrong with a place. This can ruin your vacation. I don't think you will ever find a place that doesn't have any tiny flaws. If you focus on the little things, then you will never have any fun!

Emmitsburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

If you are picky or expecting upscale, then you won't like this B&B. They are in the middle of some renovations and the smell in our room (Suite 1) was sort of musty. But, we are not picky and we prefer a more laid back environment. We LOVED the deck and the view, we enjoyed meeting new people, we didn't really care for Suite 1 since it seemed dark sort of and had a smell. There are chickens running around outside and the train whistle blows very loud all day and all night long, which we didn't mind. The bathroom in Suite 1 is roomy and the water pressure was good. The decor was very eclectic and old, which we liked. We loved the extremely relaxed environment and the Inn keepers are very nice. The breakfasts were delicious and fresh! We will definately go back but only if we can stay in Suite 2 (which is very nice!) They don't give you any afternoon snacks or anything, which we thought was odd compared to other B&B's we've been too. We liked the location as well.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place was a great find. The experience exceeded our expectations in almost every way.

I was a little nervous after reading some of the negative reviews. However, the owners, Chad and Carrie, must be getting better and better at what they do. I have nothing really negative to say about my stay. They are good people, and ever more generous hosts.

The views from the balcony are some of the best in the town, the rooms are comfortable, and the bananas foster pancakes with fresh chicken eggs were delicious.

The hosts were very generous and went out of their way to make sure that we enjoyed our stay and were accommodated in every way. They even offered to lend us their car to repair our bikes which were damaged on the ride up from DC.

Owners seemed willing to let you be as social or as private as you wanted to be.

Overall very good stay. We would definitely recommend. And will certainly repeat.

Room Tip: The trains are loud at night. But that is going to happen anywhere you stay in Harpers Ferry. You ju...
Oak Grove, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We totally enjoyed our stay at the Ledge House B&B. It was my first experience with a B&B, and I wasn't sure what to expect. We loved it! It was our honeymoon, and my husband was very happy with the choice we had made. It rained most of the time we were there, but it didn't matter. We can't wait to go back!

Lawrenceburg, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I were travelling to Baltimore and planned to stop in Harpers Ferry on the way. We almost stayed in nearby hotel but am so glad we opted for the B & B experience. We were able to chat with the other guests and had a great time. We were in Suite 1 on the main floor which was very roomy and a nice location.
We did have a hard time finding it as it is tucked away but well worth it; even if your GPS says it isn't there. I believe the owners were away but Kenzie did a magnificent job hosting and the breakfast was yummy.
I would certainly stay there again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed in Suite 2 over the weekend for our 4 year anniversary of dating, we had an incredible view of the rivers & train at Harper's Ferry from our private balcony, along with our own on-suite bathroom & plenty of privacy. We also met 2 other great couples staying at the B&B and got a lot of info from our host about where to eat & what to do in town. The room & bathroom were incredible & clean & I can't imagine a better view. Breakfast was also great!!! Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!