When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me away to a B&B a few weeks ago, I was secretly horrified (imagining myself sleeping in a room filled with floral wallpaper and Longaberger baskets). Fortunately, this was not the case. In fact, I probably spent a little too much time drooling over the charming yet stylish furniture and decor (the kitchen and living area is stunning). The owner was very friendly and laid back. I also really appreciated the fact that she made a vegetarian-friendly breakfast--a blueberry strata which made me weak in the knees. The rest of the patrons strata was accompanied by bacon to satisfy their meaty desires.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the STUNNING view of the mountains, train, and river. I can't say enough good things about my visit here. It was incredibly romantic and beautiful--definitely a great getaway spot! We are already talking about when we will return.
- Also Known As:
- The Ledge House And Canal House Cottage
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel Harpers Ferry
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy incredible views of the famous Harpers Ferry Gap from our balconies and decks. Spacious suites with private bathrooms, king sized beds, sitting rooms, and cable. Fire place in the common area. The Ledge House is in Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. Hike the Appalachian Trail, Bike the C&O Canal, Raft the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Taste wine country. Inquire about Vacation rentals and short-term rentals. Government per diem honored. ... more less