The views off the deck of the Ledge House might just take your breath away. The property overlooks historic Harper's Ferry and offers a panorama that includes the intersection of the rivers, the railroad bridge and the Maryland Heights. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and spacious and the atmosphere is absolutely relaxing. This feels light years removed from DC, though it's only an hour away by train.
The same folks own the Canal House restaurant, a quiet BYOB place that's just up the street. We had an excellent dinner on the patio there as a gentleman plucked away on an acoustic guitar.
- Also Known As:
- The Ledge House And Canal House Cottage
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel Harpers Ferry
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy incredible views of the famous Harpers Ferry Gap from our balconies and decks. Spacious suites with private bathrooms, king sized beds, sitting rooms, and cable. Fire place in the common area. The Ledge House is in Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. Hike the Appalachian Trail, Bike the C&O Canal, Raft the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Taste wine country. Inquire about Vacation rentals and short-term rentals. Government per diem honored. ... more less