We stayed in the Canal House Cottage which isn't right in downtown Harpers Ferry, but it was still wonderful. The place is cozy and comfortable, and the kitchen appliances are all in great shape. What we liked best was that from beginning to end we were left totally alone, which isn't necessarily what some people look for in a B&B, but to us it felt like a true retreat. And we parked literally ten feet from the front door. Oh also, the jacuzzi bathtub was awesome.
- Also Known As:
- The Ledge House And Canal House Cottage
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel Harpers Ferry
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy incredible views of the famous Harpers Ferry Gap from our balconies and decks. Spacious suites with private bathrooms, king sized beds, sitting rooms, and cable. Fire place in the common area. The Ledge House is in Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. Hike the Appalachian Trail, Bike the C&O Canal, Raft the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Taste wine country. Inquire about Vacation rentals and short-term rentals. Government per diem honored. ... more less