“Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Lexington Park, Maryland, United States
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

They were great, helped me figure out a route to take on my motorcycle. Had a live acoustic performer which I liked. I did not eat here, butt he building itself was really neat. To get to the bar or outdoor patio you had to go up a very small, windy spiral staircase. These buildings are phenominal... it was really cool.

Visited June 2012

57% Recommend
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Tasty quick food well-served. The waiter was kind and funny and didn't rush us.

Visited May 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great service, good food and beer.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I am not sure why this pub has such bad reviews. My wife and i stopped by for an early dinner and the service was extremely rapid and friendly. The local WV beer was very good and our meals were hot and delicious.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Attention! This is a quaint little place for great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I recently had a great Irish lunch at Private Quinns. The potato cakes from the appitizer menu will fill you if you dine alone and are perfect to share. The atmosphere is casual and the service is terrific. If you like apple butter then you will want to pick up a bottle of Apple Butter Barbeque sauce for use at home.

Private Quinn's is just across the street from the train station were you should be able to find easy parking.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Severn, Maryland
“Tourist Trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I stopped here for a "quick lunch." It was one of many smal eateries in the lower-town, tourist area of Harper's Ferry. It took over half and hour after we placed our order to get a bowl of soup, sandwich and two sodas. The soup was fine, but the "deli" ham smadwich was a slice of ham between two pieces of toast. That was it! No lettuce, tomatoe, bacon, mayo...nothing. It was suppose to be serve with french fries and a pickle. Well, there was no pickle, and there were about 10 luke-warm fries. The two sodas were furnished in a pair of bottles, without glasses, cups or ice. Luckily the bottles were opened when brought to the table. All of this cost $23.00. I would have complained to the waitress, but she was so busy, we couldn't get her attention, even when we saw her. To top it off, the place was grungy. We should have followed our instincts and walk out right away as we contemplated. I guess this establishment doesn't rely on repeat customers. Save your money and try another place.

• Visited November 2011