“Outstanding!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 Restaurants in Harpers Ferry
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sandwiches, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual dining in a rustic atmosphere. Established in 1985, local produce featured in season. OPEN Wednesday - Sunday 11am to 9pm, bar and slots open later. Will open for private parties of 40 or more on Monday or Tuesday. Private rooms available for groups small to 100 inside. Tented patio for special outdoor events up to 150
Needmore, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2015 NEW

I recently had the pleasure of stopping at The Anvil after an area House & Garden Tour. I had been here many years ago & had a good experience with an excellent meal, so I hoped it would still meet my high expectations.
Melissa, my server, was very attentive and friendly, as was her coworker who ask if I needed anything en route to his table.
The salad was served on a chilled plate with the freshest greens,etc. My entree was perfection. The Cedar Plank Salmon had an incredible seared exterior while perfectly cooked interior accompanied with a delicious Bourbon sauce. The green beans were steamed al dente and finished with garlic and seasonings.
My dining experience was topped off when Chef Richard came out after I questioned my server to ask him how an at-home cook could replicate the salmon dish. He explained not only the how-to's of the salmon but also the sauce and green beans. Kudos to a young, professional who happily shared his expertise.
Definitely make this a stop in your travels to Harper's Ferry whether it be for fine dining or a burger and beer.

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Middle of the road ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015

Harpers Ferry needs a better selection of nice places to eat with a feeling of history.

The Anvil has been around since 1985 and it shows- the place seems to want to be a high scale place but staff don't dress the role. Prices are high for the area -

The food was GREAT and was spot on for flavor. The chef seems to be the only professional working at this establishment.

“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

definitely make sure to order the nachos and a craft beer! Our burger and crab cakes were awesome and service was very friendly and helpful. Within walking distance from our B&B- the Jackson Rose

Visited April 2015
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2015

The food was very good and good portions. Staff were friendly and on top of things. Restaurant was clean but a little pricey.

Carmichaels
“Great food. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015

My husband and I stop for dinner and it was a great meal. Prices are reasonable and the staff is very nice. Our waiter had to wait on a large group and the other wait staff came over and made sure that we were find and needed anything else. I would go eat here again.