“A good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Riverside, Illinois, United States
“A good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is rural country so, in my opinion, there are not a lot of options. Service and food were good. My son had ribs, hubby steak and I had scallops and all were cooked well.

• Visited October 2013

Charles Town, West Virginia
“Delicious Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I, like some other reviewers on here, was quite surprised at how good this place was! We had a restaurant.com coupon and gave it a try for lunch. We seated ourselves at a booth and were the only ones in the dining room- quite a few people were seated at the bar though. Our waitress was friendly and attentive- she kept me in iced tea which always scores a bonus with me. I had fried scallops with a baked potato- really, really good. This restaurant is focused on seafood, but my husband had a buffalo chicken wrap with fries and it was good as well. We will definitely be repeat customers as we live in town and I am a seafood lover : ) Also, step out into the hotel lobby if you are a history buff like I am. You will appreciate the paintings that document Harper's Ferry's founders, flood, etc.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went to dinner at Vista Tavern this past weekend when we visited Harpers Ferry based on other tripadvisor recommendations. The menu is primarily seafood (crab, shrimp, etc.) with only a couple of non-fish entrees. Sandwiches offer more of a selection but if you are allergic to or not a fan of seafood, choices may be limited. Although the dining room was almost full, there was not a line waiting to be seated but it was busy. We were able to seat ourselves and the waitress eventually came to our table. There were several missteps and forgotten items. The kitchen didn't seem to know their menu either and what went with entrees. When we did get our food, it was good (grilled swordfish was fresh and tasty). Unfortunately service was not very efficient and staff did not seem to work together to help each other. May have been a bad night but I wouldn't hurry back there should I visit the area again.

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Even though it was located in the Quality Inn the food was good and the service was also quick and cordial. Nice menu choices.

Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing food. Average ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Don't judge a book by its cover. There is amazing food and service served here! We had the Rack of Ribs and NY Strip and both were delicious. Very tender and cooked properly. Their home made dressings are also wonderful.

• Visited July 2013