“Adventure suitable for the family” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Air tours, Sightseeing Tours
Fairfax, Virginia
13 attraction reviews
“Adventure suitable for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We purchased season pass for the whole family to do the Adventure park at Harpers Ferry. There are color-coded 6 challenge courses from green to black. We went about 4 - 5 times throughout the summer. My kids were 7 and 11, and they enjoyed the park wholesomely. My 7 year old enjoyed the 2 green courses, while my older one did all the courses including the black one in the last visit. It is a good workout. On long weekend, the wait on the course could be long. We went on opening day, and seems like all pass holders went on same day, the wait got up to an hour. Other time we went, its a breeze. After the park, you can visit historic Harpers Ferry town, only 5 minutes drive away.

Sterling, Virginia
“A Fun, Exciting Challenge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My friends experienced a wonderful time at this aerial park in the forest. Climbing platforms, walking on rope/net bridges, a rock wall, and zip lining. The obstacle courses are physically challenging but worth the effort. This is a fun activity for all.

Visited July 2014
Maryland
17 attraction reviews
“Up, Up and Away in Harpers Ferry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had purchased vouchers for season passes last winter for me and a friend. We finally went today. What a great time! We just did the easiest (Canary) course today to start with, but we will be back to tackle the next challenge. From Christy, who set up our reservations over the phone and checked us in, to the young people who help guests to suit up in the harness, explain the equipment, and those who are monitors and spotters along the course, everyone could not have been more friendly or helpful. We had a blast. The safety systems are top notch. We watched the first run of the day on the new Mega-Zip. Highly recommend this as a fun activity for friends or family of all ages!

Visited June 2014
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“An exciting way to enjoy the outdoors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My 11 year old son and I enjoyed a fantastic afternoon today at the Adventure Park, part of the larger outdoor activity organization known as River Riders. Located within a setting which is beautiful and surprisingly free of bugs, were giant obstacle courses 30 feet in the air and several zip lines. For a first timer, I enjoyed the challenge of pushing my personal boundaries and overcoming fears of falling. All the staff were well trained and it was quite comforting having their watchful presence as they monitored us through the entire experience. Well worth the trip and definitely an experience I will return to enjoy again!

Fredericksburg, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
“A physical challenge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am a 62-year-old woman (in good shape) and did the Aerial Adventure Park with my husband and 21-year-old son. It was the highlight of our three-day Harpers Ferry visit! It involves traveling from platform to platform up in the trees while doing obstacles along the way—balancing on ropes, tiptoeing across planks, balancing on the top of wood columns, riding ziplines, etc. There are several courses varying in difficulty from orange (easiest) to green to blue to black. We did a green course and blue course. We completed the blue course but it was a challenge, especially the Giant’s Ladder. I would recommend this to anyone who is in decent physical shape. I felt very safe because of the smart-clip system.