“Friendly service and homemade food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Friendly service and homemade food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience here. My mom and I spent the day in Harpers Ferry and were told to eat lunch here. I am so glad we did! The servers were friendly and the food was homemade. I would recommend the hand cut homemade French fries!!!

Visited March 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Homestyle cooking in a historic setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

On a cold snowy day we feared everything was closed. Towns Inn had wonderfully warm coffee, chili and cornbread. One of the owners served our party of four, including a 3 year old. He was wonderfully friendly. Inside seating area is small so I imagine it might be a challenge in the busy months. I wouldn't expect a quick meal here. This is a quality mom & pop type place and I think is the best of what Lower Town Harpers Ferry has to offer. Seems like a fairly affordable cute little rustic inn too.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, MD
“Another great place in Harper's Ferry for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stopped by here because our favorite place Country Cafe was closed that day. Well this is now our favorite place. Home cooked chicken fiesta stew is to die for. Tuna salad sandwich on great bread was really good. Home cut and cooked fries were excellent. It was cold outside so this place just hit the spot!! We will definitely be back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Regretful choice.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Having arrived back in town from the Maryland Heights hike at 5:30 pm on a Saturday night, dining options were limited. Four other eateries were closed and this was the last option... I should have kept walking back to the B&B.

Blood sugar had dropped dangerously low and requested that bread be served ASAP.

During the wait I overheard another patron complain that his dish was lethally salty. Another couple came and after a long wait to be served, left out of frustration. Twenty minutes later the server came to take the order, ignoring my initial request for bread completely. After another twenty minutes fries, sautéed curried vegetables and the costly French bread ($1 per slice for store bought, not even the size of my palm!) were delivered. Asked for check immediately and waited another twenty minutes. It was the worst food, service and wait I've experienced in a long while. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Food & Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Harpers Ferry is such a cute historical town! I really wish we would've planned a whole day there, but my hubby, sister in law and I only were there for a few hours. We came for the ghost tour and got there a little earlier than the tour started so that we could grab a bite to eat. Well everything there was already closed around 5 or 6 o' clock. The only thing left open was The Town's Inn and we only knew it was also a restaurant was because they listed their specials outside. We went in and it was pleasantly warm inside and there were a few people sitting a tables, but no one there to greet us. We stood and waited for someone to come for a little bit, then a women came out of a door right next to where we were standing and she told us to sit anywhere we liked.
The chef comes out to take your order then he goes to the back to make everything home made. Everything we had was good, wasn't amazing. The chef was such a friendly guy and had us all laughing. Cute place, and I would love to go back to spend the night!

• Visited October 2013