“Surprising little cafe!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Columbus, Ohio
“Surprising little cafe!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the very nice meal and service that we had at this little deli/cafe in Harpers Ferry, WV. The meal was REALLY good for a small place, the menu varied, the service excellent. And they had the most AMAZING apple dumplings!! The chef/cook had our order out very quickly, even though the little place was very busy and we were a group of 7. We all had something different and liked everything. We would highly recommend this little place for a quick breakfast or lunch when you visit historic Harpers Ferry! MWashburn

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, Maryland
“Fantastic Maple Apple Pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I went for the hot coffee on a very cold winter day. Our eyes yanked to the maple apple pie advertised, so we verified it was made there. At this season, few others were there, so we got coffee right away while she warmed up the pie. No issue with the service.

The coffee was really good, although I like more foam on my cappuccino. BUT THE PIE!!! it was incredible. The maple flavor is on the top crust, seemed to be baked in, and the rest consisted of delicious apple chunks, not too soggy or firm. So, don't know about the ice cream and food, but they had good hot coffee and a delicious maple apple pie. Another pie was offered, but not made there. I like to try the things that are made at the restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Livermore Falls, Maine
“They made this Christmas a special one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This little place gets five stars from me for being extraordinarily accommodating and thoughtful... and for making the best blueberry muffins I've ever had . Some time ago my family and I stopped in here for a snack while visiting Harpers Ferry . I had a blueberry muffin which turned out to be one of those special treats you chance upon while traveling and then mention whenever you reminisce about the trip . Knowing of my passion for the Coffee Mill's blueberry muffins, my "West Virginia " daughter planned to send me some ( I live in Maine) for Christmas . However when she called the Coffee Mill she found the muffins were a seasonal item and none were made in December . But after explaining why she wanted them the folks at the Coffee Mill said " If it's for Christmas we'll get the berries and make a special batch just for him ." I got them in today's mail and had one ten minutes later . Delicious, just as I remembered . So thank you to the caring folks at the Coffee Mill for going out of their way to make my daughter's and my Christmas a little brighter .

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, Virginia
“Should have "coffee" removed from their title.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Looking for a good cup of coffee, latte or cappuccino? Don't go here. They serve all their coffees in large styrofoam cups with very little coffee and lots of milk. Almost no coffee flavor. The place is also not well kept; restroom was dirty and messy. the outside courtyard had junk here and there. So, forget it, look somewhere else.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrific Custard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My friend was going crazy for some custard so we stopped by after our hike. We each got a frozen custard in a cone and thoroughly enjoyed it. I couldn't remember if I had custard before and it was definitely more tasty than it sounded. I believe they had chocolate, vanilla, and the swirl. It was the perfect treat on a hot day! It's also right across the train station with a cute outdoor service window.

• Visited August 2013