“Hit the spot” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Middle River, Maryland
“Hit the spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

After a morning of hiking the trails, my wife and I were starving. We came across this place and decided to duck in for a quick bite. I had the BBQ sandwich and my wife had the chicken sandwich. Both were good, but nothing to write home about. The fries were decent, although my wife found a frozen solid fry in hers. The service was acceptable. In short, if you're hungry and a decent sandwich, this place will do.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“So-so food and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family stopped here for lunch. Two of us had crabcake sandwiches, one had a pulled pork sandwich, and one had a veggie burger. They were all fine, but nothing special. My wife had a diet pepsi, which was watered down. The service was a bit slow. The crab cake was about $14, and the other two were around $10. Pretty pricy for lunch time sandwiches.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“A straightforward lunch . . . that's it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stopped for lunch on the patio on a hot day. The location is very good, right on the High Street not far from the Lower Town. However, the patio is a bit confined among four walls (there is absolutely no view) and the tables are pretty close together. There is nothing fancy here, but the prices aren't too bad either. You'll be limited to pretty straightforward food off a pretty straightforward menu. Fish and chips in a basket, burgers on plastic plates, soft drinks in paper cups, etc. It all worked well enough for us even if the waitress was a bit diffident (who can blame her with the temp at 90+ degrees). Lots of folks were stopping in for ice cream but we ran out of time to give it a try -- had to go join the militia. Maybe next time.

Visited June 2012
Central Pennsylvania
“A nice stop in a lovely town.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We caught a quick lunch here out on their patio before going down into town.
I had a decent Reuben sandwich - but it was not up to my high Jewish Delicatessen standards that I prefer. My wife enjoyed her very nice Greek salad with a splendid dressing. My son in law was not really impressed with the big bacon burger that he picked., but we all agreed that the fries there are great - as is the pork BQ.The pie was rather nice. We did not have coffee on the 90 degree day - sitting outside, but I gathered that this spot specializes in their coffee and desserts, and there would be their best offerings.

• Visited June 2012