“Don't Drink the Water” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Marysville, Pennsylvania
“Don't Drink the Water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I'll start off with the bad. These folks have the crust to charge $1.09 for a glass of tapwater! That doesn't put you in a good mood after you've biked 60 miles and then climbed a two mile hill to get to the place.
That said, the pizza they serve is very good. Although the service is a bit slow.

• Visited September 2012

64% Recommend
West River, Maryland, United States
“Yummy pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My son and I shared a pizza, splitting our favorite toppings half and half, no problem. My daughter, not a big pizza fan, enjoyed the chicken tenders appetizer (as a meal) and also liked watching the pizza maker throw the crust in the air as he prepared our pizza (you don't see that at the chains!). Sauce was delish and pizza was perfectly cheesy. Prices were reasonable and service was attentive. Parking behind the restaurant made it easily accessible.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Virginia
“Recommended by Camp Hill Bed and Breakfast Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

While staying at Camp Hill Bed and Breakfast for two nights, I asked Tony Catanese, the proprietor, where he goes for Pizza. Tony recommended Mena's as "authentic Italian" - he never goes to chains. We weren't disappointed. My son had been begging for Pizza Hut. We could have driven a few miles further into Charles Town, but my wife and I wanted to experience the local fare, which is why we had asked for Tony's advice. Mena's pizza was loaded with genuine, high quality cheese, which my son, an incredibly picky eater, fully enjoyed. The sauce was authentic New York Style. The crust wasn't perfectly round. It wasn't cut to perfection. But it had the proper texture. The pizza was too big for my son to eat alone, so we refrigerated the leftovers, and packed it for the trip home so that my son could enjoy it again for lunch. My only complaint was that the slices were not cut all the way through.

My wife and I both had spaghetti, which we thoroughly enjoyed. We enjoyed the salad with Mena's house dressing. I shared one of my meatballs with my wife. Great choice!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We live in DC, and you can't get good pizza here. Mena's was the closest to New York style pizza that we've had in a while. The sauce was good, it was very cheesy, and the crust was delicious. We would have liked it if the pizza were cooked a little longer, to darken the crust and cheese, but it was still pretty good.

• Visited June 2012
Virginia
“Appreciated the air conditioning and parking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

It was a very warm day and this was one of the few restaurants that had air conditioning and a parking lot. Both were much appreciated. We wanted a glass of water with our meals but were told we had to buy bottled water if we wanted water. Also if you wanted one type of topping on one half of the pizza and another topping on the other half, you were charged for 2 toppings. Pizza was large for the price. We had to request additional tomato sauce as there was hardly any on the pizza. Waitress was very nice.

• Visited May 2012