“Teahorse B&B/Hostel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Teahorse B&B / Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
Teahorse B&B / Hostel
You added Teahorse B&B / Hostel to your Saves list
1312 W. Washington St., Harpers Ferry, WV 25425   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Ellicott City Maryland
“Teahorse B&B/Hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed here two nights to enjoy the Old Tyme Christmas weekend in Dec. and I am so very glad I did. This was such a pleasant experience from beginning to end. The owner is Laurel and her hostel is very,very clean. A very well stocked kitchen.Each morning Laurel makes great waffels, fruit, very good coffee and comversation. .The 1st night there were 3 other guests whom I enjoyed, 2nd night I was alone. I had my car(parking in yard) but Laurel will drive you.The rates seemed ok,I am new to hosteling so I don't know. I just know that as a woman traveling alone I felt safe and comfortable at the Teahorse Hostel. Not one single thing to complain about,.I had a great time and will be happy to visit again. Thank you Laurel for making me feel welcome.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Teahorse_Hostel, Owner at Teahorse B&B / Hostel, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
I enjoyed those conversations too! Glad that you enjoyed your stay - come again! -- Laurel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This was actually my first hostel experience and I was very pleased. The rooms were on the 2nd floor--one side for women, one side for men with a common kitchen and living room. The rooms and bathroom were very clean. The men had their own bathroom and the women's bathroom was just outside the door of the women's room. Laurel was very accommodating with our breakfast hours and we loved the waffles in the morning. We passed the time in the evening playing banagrams with the scrabble game that was on the shelf. The bikes were safe in the locked shed behind the house. Laurel offered a free shuttle to pick us up from the C&O canal trail. We figured it wasn't too far and we said we'd get there on our own---that was our mistake. Definitely take the shuttle. It's about a mile uphill to the hostel. There are a couple of restaurants near the hostel. Anyway, it was great. Highly recommended. We enjoyed chatting with the other travelers during breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Teahorse_Hostel, Owner at Teahorse B&B / Hostel, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
I am so happy that you were pleased with your experience at Teahorse B&B / Hostel. Breakfast is also my favorite time listening to the lively conversation between the guests who are hikers on the Appalachian Trail and guests who are bicyclists on the C&O Towpath. Thanks for writing!
Middletown, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed here Monday evening as I wanted to check out Harpers Ferry National Park. They are very close to the park (maybe a three or four minute drive) and within walking distance of a nice little coffee shop and some really beautiful hiking trails. They offer only dorm style accommodations, but as I was the only female staying that night I got the womens dorm to myself. The bunk beds are fine for the price ($32 a night) and the owner is very nice. A breakfast of coffee, orange juice and waffles is included. If you are looking for a cheap, clean and safe place to stay along the Appalachian Trail, I would definitely recommend The Teahorse Hostel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Takoma Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

A very welcoming, clean hostel with a great waffle/fresh fruit breakfast and use of a well-equipped kitchen. The owner went beyond the call of duty in driving guests around and repairing their gear. I truly enjoyed the company of the other bikers and hikers. Plus no lock-out during the day if you choose to spend some time exploring the history rich area of Harper's Ferry. One of the better hostels, I've ever encountered.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed here at the very beginning of a distance hike on the Appalachian Trail.

The owner is very enthusiastic about her new hostel and I definitely felt very welcome and at home. Just a little pricey for a hostel, but certainly within reason, plus you get access to a full kitchen! Very very clean, so a welcome break from many of the other hostels on the trail!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Teahorse B&B / Hostel? Share your experiences!