“Burrell House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Armory Quarters

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
Armory Quarters
You added Armory Quarters to your Saves list
1193 Washington Street, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425   |
Baltimore, Maryland
“Burrell House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed at the Burrell House (one of the properties just around the corner and under the same management as the armory quarters) with my girlfriends after a winery tour a couple weeks ago. It was cozy and charming. The house is beautiful and there is plenty of space for up to 6 (with 2 sleeping on the pull-out in the living room. It's also dog-friendly, which was nice for us so we could bring the pup :)

I had no problem getting in touch with the reservationist who was helpful and pleasant.

There is space for a fire outside, but it was a bit chilly so we used the gas fireplace. We had a tough time getting it lit and called the owner. Literally within minutes of getting off the phone there was a knock on the door and a nice gentleman lit it for us.

As an aside, I also stayed at the Armory Quarters with my Husband a few weeks prior and that place was small and cozy as well. It is heated by a woodstove (the heat doesnt seem to work quite right) so you should bring some extra blankets and warm socks if you visit in the winter! Good times! We will be back, for sure. :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband, 4 year old son and I stayed in the armory quarters for the weekend for my birthday. The lodgings are great. There was wood cut and stacked outside for the woodstove. The house was very clean. The unit has a washer and dryer for use and a well stocked kitchen. There is a foldout futon style couch in the living room that was comfy as the hubby and I slept on it the second night to be next to the fire. The bedroom has a nice bed and tv but no cable, so bring dvds. The attic upstairs has 2 twin beds and is perfect for kids but may be a bit tight for adults, in my opinion if 2 couples, stay in living room. There us also a pack n play for use. We loved staying here and would stay again. The only downside was the service. When trying to book it was impossiblte to get a hold of anyone, also when trying to get booking confirmation. So sad cause its a great place if you can ever get through to book.

• Stayed April 2011
Wilderness
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I had to stay at this property after I had already settled into another property under the same management because of an overbooking. Originally I was to stay in their B&B, the Ledgehouse, and was told that wasn't an option after I arrived, so I was shuffled to another property for 3 days, and then I had to move to the Armory.

The Armory is a historic house with historic and somewhat weird character. It's in a quiet location and has the basic amenities, but it's nothing to get excited about. What I found disappointing was the hassle of moving when the expectation was that I was to be at the B&B for the entire week. I never did get a breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Poor service/information from property owners. Property was booked as overnight stay for two with separate bedrooms. Second bedroom is a tiny attic,with single beds and a noisy AC unit (admittedly better than no AC unit). Would not stay again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Armory Quarters? Share your experiences!