“Go for entertainment” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Mysterious Sites, Sights & Landmarks
More attraction details
Owner description: The Haunted Cottage is regretfully out of business. Due in no small part to our ability to promote and advertise ourselves being maliciously hindered, we felt it was time to move on.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
20853
“Go for entertainment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was advertised as a ghost hunt but it is just entertainment. As long as you understand this it is fine. A few parlor tricks and some "investigating" on your own.

Visited October 2012

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“had a great time Vince”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We attended the Nov. 2nd overnight at the Haunted Cottage. Vince was very accomadateing both before the night, as far as information, and during the event.
The evening was fun and informative. We were never bored and learned some interesting things.

Thanks again,
Dave and Maryann

Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Entertaining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

You can read all of the other reviews, and I think they are all saying the same thing, despite polar opposite ratings:

"I expect to be entertained!" The Haunted Cottage is entertaining.

Did you expect Dan Aykroid and Harold Ramis? Bill Murray and Rick Moranis? They are not there. However, what is there is cast of ernest amateurs doing a good job educating, engaging,and always entertaining. Isn't that what we paid for?

They put on a fun show, seemed like a really good group of people with whom to spend a Fall evening, and it was a great dress rehearsal for Haloween.

Are there ghosts? Who knows! Who cares!! I had a nice dinner (stick to your ribs chicken stew - yum), and had a few great laughs, interesting challenges, and withnessed what may have been the transportation of one of the guests to a scary place long ago and far away. Or, maybe I didn't - but I could have - and isn't that the point?

Have fun, suspend disbelief, and get into the mood for a good time. If you find this is impossible to do, go see a Twilight movie...

Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
“Extremely poor customer svc.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We booked through Groupon. The night my husband & I were scheduled to go they were over booked so one of our reservations got kicked out of the system & only one of was booked to go. We called the owner of the Booth house numerous times both day & night. We always reached an answering machine, never a live person. We left multiple messages & he never returned our calls. We finally arranged a refund through Groupon.

Damascus, Maryland
“Fantastic Overnight Investigation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I have always been into the paranormal. I have been since I was a young child growing up in the Chicago suburbs seeing many things that could not be explained. We watch almost every show on TV that comes out regarding the paranormal. The experience we had on 9/22/2012 at The Haunted Cottage for the overnight investigation was great!! We learned so much regarding the paranormal and would love to learn more about it.

I also captured some of the best paranormal pictures I have ever taken at The Haunted Cottage, and I've been on many other Ghost Tours. There is one picture I took that night that is not an orb, and I'll never forget it!!! You need to keep an open mind, and just realize this an experience you will not receive at any other Ghost Tour.

My husband and I will be going back to learn and experience more very soon at the Haunted Cottage. I recommened this to anyone who is into knowing more about the paranormal and experiencing it first hand.