“Fantastic Overnight Investigation” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Mysterious Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We at the Haunted Cottage believe that we have at least a 90% satisfactory success with our visitors. Unfortunately there are people who: 1. Think this something else like a haunted ride or Paranormal TV show fan site. 2. Came to make fun of and criticize us and our other guests. 3. Are very skeptical and were dragged here by their other half. 4. Found one thing wrong and let that be the whole basis for them not having a good time. Regrettably, the 10% have the animosity, hate and bad attitude to write a review more than the "normal" 90% of our guests who have lives. Some of the negative reviews are also from people who came drunk or high. Others felt we didn't cater enough to "just them". We remember all of the people who ever said anything negative because they were unruly or oddly disinterested when everyone was having a blast. So, please, keep an open mind. Come and have fun. Harpers Ferry's most haunted house is also America's premiere paranormal research and training facility! Historical ghost tours available. Real paranormal investigative training. The best resources you are likely to find anywhere! We offer tours of the haunted Booth House, overnight investigations and classes on the paranormal. We have, as of August 2011, a new Exhibition of the Supernatural! Although ghosts and hauntings are always out main focus, the Supernatural Exhibit will offer something for everyone with a taste for the paranormal!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
Damascus, Maryland
“Fantastic Overnight Investigation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I have always been into the paranormal. I have been since I was a young child growing up in the Chicago suburbs seeing many things that could not be explained. We watch almost every show on TV that comes out regarding the paranormal. The experience we had on 9/22/2012 at The Haunted Cottage for the overnight investigation was great!! We learned so much regarding the paranormal and would love to learn more about it.

I also captured some of the best paranormal pictures I have ever taken at The Haunted Cottage, and I've been on many other Ghost Tours. There is one picture I took that night that is not an orb, and I'll never forget it!!! You need to keep an open mind, and just realize this an experience you will not receive at any other Ghost Tour.

My husband and I will be going back to learn and experience more very soon at the Haunted Cottage. I recommened this to anyone who is into knowing more about the paranormal and experiencing it first hand.

Visited September 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pretty Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I love all things ghost and my boyfriend humored me by booking a dinner-mystery evening at the Haunted Cottage. Tasteless food aside, the whole experience was disjointed and elementary. Not only did someone in our group step in something their pets left behind, but I twisted my angle maneuvering their poorly lit, pitted yard. Bottom line, save your money.

Visited February 2012
Vincent W, Owner at The Haunted Cottage / Booth House, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
This cannot be an accurate review. No one is allowed behind the house during the dinners unless the reviewer was trespassing.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Don't waste your time or money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Even our children walked out saying "what a joke". Go to Gettysburg or Frederick for a real experience.

Visited September 2012
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
“An amazing experience !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was an amazing experience ! I learned so much I never knew before and I got to do awesome experiments, and we got to do some investigating which was really fun :)

Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Experience!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

This was a fun and educational journey into understanding the science and psychology behind paranormal investigating. I enjoyed the practical hands on learning as well. Our group caught and EVP and I took the scariest pic I've ever seen! A really good time. My boyfriend and I plan to go back for a paranormal class and possibly an excursion they have. Totally recommend!!